Soundcard problem
    Tech Wizard

Default Soundcard problem

Ok so i got a Vestax Spin recently but i can't get my headphones working for cueing. I don't know if it's an actual problem with the soundcard, or driver problems. I've tried everything and searched all over the internet trying to solve it.

I've had multiple problems, but what happens is whenever I load ASIO4ALL in Virtual DJ i get an error message and it says to shutdown or recover. I also got a direct x WDM error message a few times booting it up in VDJ.
    In Traktor i can't select ASIO or my computer crashes with the BSOD, i selected the soundcard in Traktor itself and it's just a bunch of distorted noise.

I've tried a few different drivers, tried without ASIO and with it. and i reinstalled it over and over hoping it would work.

If i use it in VDJ without ASIO, i can get sound out my speakers but i can't cue at all. or the song wont play.
    I have the Spin selected for headphones and speakers for master.
    So i believe i had it set up right, i also tried several other settings.

The only time I got sound out of the Spin soundcard with headphones is doing the windows sound test in playback devices.

So I don't know what to do to get it to work!
    anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like you're having a lot of problems! Let's see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by aghastlykid View Post
    I have the Spin selected for headphones and speakers for master.
    Are you sure you selected the correct outputs on the spin? I assume it's 3&4 as opposed to 1&2 (it being a 4 out sound card). Have you tried plugging your speakers into the master out of the spin and using just that?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Yeah i am man, it's pretty stressful.

I'm not completely sure i have it configured right, but i think i do.
    I have it set to Headphones - Spin Soundcard - Output 3&4
    Master - Laptop soundcard - Output 1&2
    I also tried it opposite, but it seems no matter what i try with the Spin soundcard selected. The tracks won't play.

I assume there might be some kind of ASIO problem with my Spin soundcard, cause whenever i select ASIO, VDJ will crash.

can you post a screenshot of your VDJ audio output settings and your asio4all control panel? Maybe traktor output routing as well?

When you say the tracks won't play, do you mean they literally don't start playing in the software, or just that there's no sound coming from the speakers?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Wizard

I actually don't even have ASIO drivers on my computer anymore, since all they would do is crash. is it necessary that i have them?
    i tried ASIO4ALL and ASIO4Typhoon and both would crash.

Here's a screenshot of my setup on VDJ though.

Speakers 3 is the spin soundcard, i'm not sure why it's called Speakers.

and I mean the tracks literally won't start playing

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    When you say the tracks won't play, do you mean they literally don't start playing in the software, or just that there's no sound coming from the speakers?
    i've had an odd issue a few times when using traktor where if my sound setup isnt right traktor stop playing and starts again when i sort out the issue. so i guess he means it actually stops playing.

as fullenglishpint said... would be useful to see your asio4all control panel. does it recognise your spin sound card? when i have my hercules plugged in and using asio i think it shows 6 channels to traktor or vdj (just the free version that came with the mk2) - the 4 from the hercules plus my laptop builtin.

edit: the OP posted while i was writing... vdj setup looks sensible enough - you would need the asio drivers loaded if you wanted to select asio output. laptop been installed with windows recently or is it an old install? i like to reinstall year at least to clean the thing up - more often if having issues tho registry cleaners etc can also really help - worth a shot and reinstalling the asio4all drivers?
    Last edited by zestoi; 05-31-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

OP, looks like you've got your sound cards the wrong way round. It should be:

Master (which is the main audio out) connected to your PC soundcard, assuming that's what you're using, outputs 1&2

Headphones connected to Spin soundcard, outputs 3&4.

Tech Wizard

I've reformatted windows recently, about 3 weeks ago.
    For some reason Asio4ALL never works for me.
    I'm on windows 7 64 bit

I just tried that way too and i still cant get tracks to play :/

no matter what i do, the tracks won't play in my headphones when it's plugged into the front of the Spin.

So i'm thinking it's not compatible with my laptop, or the soundcard isn't functioning right.

Thanks for trying to help though