Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Talking Feature Requests for New DJTT TPro2 VCI-100 Mapping

The rumors are true that DJ Techtools does plan to create a new mapping and overlay for the VCI-100SE that utilizes most of the new functions available in Traktor Pro 2.

Although we have some ideas already, I wanted to poll the forum for any features that you'd really like to see in our eventual new mapping. I will read through these and take them into account in my design discussions with Ean when I get to the point of physically mapping the VCI-100.

So let us know your thoughts because there is a good chance I'll try to integrate them!

For those interested in a version of the VCI-100SE 3.6.4 mapping for Traktor Pro2, please see this thread for download files and commenting: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28029
    Last edited by flashflooder; 04-07-2011 at 08:32 PM.

That's awesome news! Will a change in the mapping also mean that a new overlay will be needed?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    The rumors are true that DJ Techtools does plan to create a new mapping and overlay for the VCI-100SE that utilizes most of the new functions available in Traktor Pro 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc.elektro View Post
    That's awesome news! Will a change in the mapping also mean that a new overlay will be needed?
    I think so
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Would it make sense to have all the cue points 1-8 available on all 8 transport buttons below the jogwheels instead of having cue points 1-4 and 5-8 on two separate button presses? I'm not very familiar with mapping on Traktor so I don't know if that's possible. Perhaps to select what deck to use for cue point juggling we can use a modifier the same way a modifier is used to route fx to decks 1 or 2. That way the current "Juggle 5-8" button can be freed up for sample decks? Again, I don't know if that can be implemented but it might lead to better ideas.

Tech Mentor

Subscribing to see what people suggest.

I'll contribute an idea for a beatslicer when I've built it on my midifighter over the weekend.

Tech Wizard

It its posible to make a mapping can uses the new functionalities like deck c & d for samplers, sampler recorder integred (not slice)...

Thanks

new overlay eh... maybe that's the excuse I need to finally do the arcade mod

If there could be a couple of instaFX in there (not bothered about super combos, that's not what the VCI's about for me) it would be cool. Then again there's fader FX so maybe that's not necessary! Having an instaFX layer on the transport buttons would be cool.

I'm assuming this will be implementing a 2 track deck AB and 2 sample deck CD layout? I've personally found that recently I haven't been using the effects section in the top right at all because I either use fader FX or (more frequently) the IG mapping on my MF. I understand that not everyone has this luxury though.

I'm interested to see what ideas you come up with for use of the loop recorder, I haven't found a useful way to implement it just yet.

Watching this thread with interest!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Please, adapt the PLAY button (vci-100 1.4, but stock hardware), it should be green instead of yellow when playing a track. It was so in old traktor, and I think it's a bug now.

*Thanks for the ECHO button working

Tech Wizard

Perhaps utilize the additional features/samples decks/etc.. to a midi fighter so that not too much is changed on the vci-100?

BC

Quote Originally Posted by bcondemi View Post
    Perhaps utilize the additional features/samples decks/etc.. to a midi fighter so that not too much is changed on the vci-100?

BC
    Sadly we can't just assume that everyone who has a VCI also has a midifighter. Although they all should, come on guys, get your acts together!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast