Download the Latest VCI-100 Mapping (3_5_1) - Page 6

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

15 22.73%
  • Almost Perfect

34 51.52%
  • Needs Some Work

17 25.76%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

the FX Type and Route FX buttons still produce crazy robots sounds and slow down the record ( is it a pitch bend bug ?) very anoing and not useable in a live set i think ...

EDIT: Never mind i used the glitch fix works fine now ...

regards mogh
    Last edited by mogh; 04-16-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

Quote by Pilmat
    "This is not a bug, it is a "feature" in Traktor that you can choose. To turn it off go to the "Loading" from the left list. You will should see that "Reset all mixer controls when loading track" is checked in "Resetting Controls".

I had the same thing happen a while back and can agree that it is REALLY unpleasant on the ears!

Let us know if this fixes it."

Yes it works fine now, i must found it myself, sorry and, of course, thanks a lot.
    This TSI is almost perfect for me too, but still testing...
    specially some fx tricks that I can't understand for now
    no problems in my last two sessions @ www.SunHole.Net.
    I'm wondering about a TSI combining the VCI and the three buttons and the endless-rotary knob of the Audio Kontrol, leaving setted some features of the fader fx mode in oreder to use a external mixer. Does anyone of Audio Kontrol 1 users, or external mixer users thought about it?
    Thanks again

Default Lots of problems with FW 1.3 and tsi 3.5!!

Hi!

I just got my FW upg kit yesterday, and have succesfully flashed my VCI to FW 1.3. I have loaded tsi 3.5 in Traktor, have tried both regular and glitch fix version. I have played with it for about 1 hr, and it has crashed on me several times already I run my VCI on USB power on my Elitebook 8530w, don't know if this is the cause?

Problems found so far:
    - LEDs flicker when I play a track.
    - Deck volume is (seemingly randomly) affected when I use volume sliders in Fader FX mode.
    - VCI crashes, like if I had set a 1/128 loop all the sudden, happens randomly when using fx and Fader FX. Traktor plays normally again when I turn of VCI.
    - Autogain suddenly kicks in (loudly) DURING playback!
    - Sometimes Fader FX button won't turn on when I press it. This may be because I don't quite understand the mapping yet, but thought I'd mention it.
    - Loop isn't activated when I press the "Loop 8" button, and I can't activate it with Shift+"Loop 8" either. When I try to activate it, it briefly flickers, but only engages "Sync" on channel (!) Also, sync LED on right side doesn't light up ever.

I never had ANY problems with my setup before upgrading, and I've used it quite a bit, out gigging as well. Any input is greatly appreciated! TIA

Update:
    VCI Freeze doesn't just happen in FFX mode. Just scratched a bit, locked op again.

Update: SOLVED http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13295
    Last edited by Sivesgaard; 04-19-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Tech Mentor

the only other thing that i've found is with the echo,if i freeze it by touching the platter the effect is unfrozen by touching any of the two platters which has got in the way a few times.also mate i'm trying mixing using 3 and 4 decks and the echo effect cue button has to be held down to smoothly tail off.i've noticed if i hit a hotcue and then press shift then the track will carry on playing(nice touch!) and was wondering in a future update if you think its possible(or in your opinion worth doing)whilst holding the cue for echo and then freezing i would like to be able to press shift so i can release the echo and carry on mixing.i've thought about how to toggle it back off but can't see a problem with just using the mouse to deselect it.

cheers

Tech Mentor

also +1 for audio aerosols cue/play comment.

you should add a well deserved donation link on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Got to test this out yesterday for a couple hours. Much improved! This has made me happy with my decision to go with a VCI SE.

I My glitchy fx assign noise is gone , but I am still getting a little popping sound with the shift button. Other than that, nearly perfect.
    I agree 100% but also share the shift buttong issue, also noticed that when using fader FX, the vol fader and jog wheel are still both hitting the dry wet as opposed to vol fader making use of secondary fx (i.e delay) I'm currently waiting for the firmware upgrade kit to come through the post so will see if going 1.3 will get rid of the shift going pop click doodle.
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBario View Post
    All working well apart form glitchy pitch faders

They require frequent zeroing, by pressing shift and sliding the physical faders up and down. The graphical fader does not travel the full length on the screen.

Excellent otherwise
    I got this and I'm wondering if its to do with the tsi or to do with traktor, I did read somewhere that traktor had a problem with relative mode in some instances, and that made the pitch faders jump on first contact after opening the traktor. Any truth in that or is this a likely solvable issue?
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Aerosol View Post
    Can I suggest maybe having these features the other way round. So shift & play pauses and just play starts track from last cue. A modified TSI for this would be awesome.
    Ask and you shall receive...I was going to explain (in a DIY fashion) how to make these changes (to avoid multiple TSIs floating around) but you need to alter more than a few lines in the tsi across a couple Midi notes and I don't want people to get confused so I figured to just post a modified version instead.

Hi guys greetings from mexico

Just picked up a 100 SE with 1.3 firmware. Using Windows 7 64 bit ultimate and traktor 1.2.4.

So far everythings been perfect

Only complaint is when I push the shift button to access secondary functions i get a small popping sound, hopefully it will get fixed in the next release

hey,

Other uses experience that same popping sound when pressing the shift button aswell, however unless im mistaken its not a problem with the vci or mapping, its more to do with your laptop.. I'm assuming your using windows?

While it may not fix the issue, my advice would be to give the alternative tsi file (fx glitch) a try..

Im not sure if anyone is 100% about what causes the noise, and i dont know if using the different tsi will fix it... Cant help to try though..
    Hopefully someone who did have rhe same problem and managed to fix it can chime in here =]
    Black VCI-100 SE Arcade #220/350 with white buttons / knobs & faders
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast