the BIG Pioneer XDJ1000 thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Few years late with this, IMO.

Tech Wizard

With more and more people getting into DJing...I Dont see any point in replacing the flagship cdjs. They may aswell milk the cdj line for all its worth and release a new successor when everything calms down.

Tech Guru

Not many people use CDs in CDZjs anymore it's all USB sticks and rekordbox, I guess they'll bring out some new features and save what $100 tops installing the drive and it won't come in any cheaper

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by d4rren View Post
    With more and more people getting into DJing...I Dont see any point in replacing the flagship cdjs. They may aswell milk the cdj line for all its worth and release a new successor when everything calms down.
    What? No... I want shinny new stuff!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

This is my biggest problem with Pioneer. They don't make their products as good as they can be. Saying you can't have hotcues or autoloops on lower spec CDJ's because of lower processing power is utter bullshit. They just don't provide the functionality because they won't sell their top of the line stuff anymore. The whole thing is a bubble waiting to burst.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndiPandi View Post
    He said that Pioneer had stated to them that it would go on sale sometime in november.
    I call bullshit on this guy. Pioneer to release such a big, important product in November gives them a maximum lead time of 8 weeks. Knowing as I do the timeline for NI product releases I just don't believe it.

Maybe an announcement in November which means retailers will have just been sent the product information.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Well it does seem that people are discussing it.
    The "a guy told me" line is always suspect - until we get 10 or 20 "a guy told me" stories, then its usually just a matter of time.

Definitely longer than 8 weeks lead time though.

Sure, Pioneer DJ was sold there last month, I could be wrong, but I honestly doubt you'll see any DDJ Nexus single deck any time soon.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    This is my biggest problem with Pioneer. They don't make their products as good as they can be. Saying you can't have hotcues or autoloops on lower spec CDJ's because of lower processing power is utter bullshit. They just don't provide the functionality because they won't sell their top of the line stuff anymore. The whole thing is a bubble waiting to burst.
    Exactly. The whole cdj line, although still today's standard, is dated. I mean purposefully leaving out bog standard USB on the cdj1000s killed it. Or rather, USB playback is the killer feature on the successor. Its not like USB technology has only just existed. So to tout that as a killer feature when the cdjs2000s cost many thousands of pounds is crazy
    Last edited by d4rren; 10-05-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Hmmm ... 1 hour 20 minutes to wait ...
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast