Are you passionate about DJing and want work inside creative environment that is dedicated to improving the music industry? DJ TechTools is looking for a few exceptional people to help us grow.
Here are the positions we are hiring for right now:
Dj TechTools has a new opportunity for someone to learn, and get involved deeply in the day to day operations of our e-commerce business. We welcome people with all levels of experience, including those with no knowledge of dj or music gear. Organization, drive, and a passion for excellence will be important for success.
Managing inventory and all costs associated with it
- Inventory Counts
Managing shipping and all costs associated with it
- Audit shipping expenses
- Negotiate with carriers for the best rates
- Ensuring all orders go out on time
- Preventing Fraud and reducing Chargebacks
- Supervising the daily pick and pack worker
- Receiving Walk In Customers
- Being the point of contact for remote customer service workers
What is required of the candidate
- Strong Organization Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Experience Optimizing Systems
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Prioritize responsibilities and be able to manage your own schedule and other’s
- Ability to work under pressure
How to apply
- Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why you are interested in a job with Dj TechTools (in the email body)
- One example of past work that might have been similar (in the email body)
- A resume with applicable work experience.
Mix Master Media
- You will be 100% responsible for conceptualizing, creating, implementing and tracking various media assets including banner ads, page designs, product photography, video interviews and tutorials.
- You should either have been in a major design program or have at least two to five years of experience as a direct designer within a company or organization.
- This position is open to people with little to lots of experience. We are willing to train in certain areas but you must come to the table with a solid baseline of design skills
- This is a full time position in San Francisco
- Proficient with PS and AI, digital photography (including lighting), Final Cut or Premiere
- Clean, fast, awesome designs
- Interest in or experience with editing and/or live video (we can train)
WOULD BE NICE BUT ISN’T REQUIRED
- Passion for DJTT or music technology
- Marketing oriented (might love design and marketing concepts)
- Experience in tracking asset performance (Google analytics or other)
- Experience with controlling motorized POV cams and live feed switching (ustream)
- Great editing chops (Final Cut)
- Motion graphics experience (creating video bumpers and intros)
- AV testing experience (Google experience or optimizely)
- Basic front end HTML/CSS/Java
- Complete this form
- Send an email to Jobs@djtechtools.com that includes
- “Mix Master Media” in the subject line
- Cover letter
- Your portfolio
Applicants that do not include all items listed above will not be considered.
E-Commerce Store Manager
Location: San Francisco or remote
Job Description: We are looking for a very experienced expert in e-commerce to help take our store to the next level. We think there is no reason why DJTT cant become the VERY best place on the internet to purchase dj technology, and it’s going to take a really awesome leader to help us get there. What set’s the Dj TechTools e-commerce opportunity apart?
- A fully custom store with total flexibility to execute on big ideas
- A one of a kind behavioral analytics system that helps us maximize traffic
- The largest, captive and trusting dj audience on the internet
- With only 200 SKU’s, we have a LOT of room for growth!
- A great track record of running and improving e-commerce sites
- The vision and experience to grow with us to a big size
- Exceptional Analytics chops with the ability to find and execute on good data
- A demonstrated history of managing people and producing results
- A very current and clear idea of what makes e-commerce work
- A customer first attitude
- Manage the P&L of the store
- Initiate and manage marketing efforts to drive sale
- Use optimization tools and analytics to lift store performance.
- Supervise shipping and customer service staff
- Set growth targets and meet them
- Look for new opportunities and ways to increase the reach and scope of DJTT
- Identify new product opportunities
- Negotiate with manufactures
- Ensure we meet our commitments of “way cool” customer service.
- email jobs(at)djtechtools.com with:
- cover letter detailing why you are excited about this opportunity
- resume with relevant work
Senior Editor (Europe or US)
Job Description: Dj TechTools needs a full time editor to manage daily operations and all articles on Dj TechTools. This person will play a very important role in curating articles, writing in-depth pieces and finding great new writers and contributors for this site.
- experience using WordPress
- The ability to manage writers and move forward content through the editorial cycle on time every week
- crisp graphic design skills, Photoshop-fu
- intense knowledge of the DJ and digital music production worlds
- a passion and skill for writing and copy editing
- some history or demonstrable experience in the management of an editorial cycle
- some great ideas and clear vision on ways in which we can improve the DJTT voice.
- Reviewing and collecting content ideas
- Managing the weekly content flow
- Seeking out great content creators in the DJ sphere
- Setting up and executing interviews with great artists
- Pitching and Assigning new ideas weekly
- Journalism and Publishing background
- Video editing skills are always appreciated
- Social Media expertise
- Experience as the head of a editorial team
- email email@example.com with:
- Resumé with complete work and salary history
- Short cover letter (in the email is fine!) – include expected salary, desired start date, and three original content or interaction ideas for the DJTT blog
We’re constantly looking for writers who are passionate about digital DJ and music production technology. Our blog has a large, dedicated readership who are looking for in-depth articles that help, teach, and inform them about a wide range of topics. If you’re interested in becoming a writer, please read our full page on just that topic.