midifighter with lego case? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This lego idea is great but I don't see where on the lego site they give you the dimensions of the pieces. I downloaded the lego designer software and oddly enough it doesnt include dimensions anywhere! Any lego fanatics here who can help me out?

I personally think the lego walls would be very, very cool. Let me try to work one up and see if its possible. Yes- all you would need to do is make it the right height and then drill holes in the 4 corners. Very easy to do really if the sizes will work out.

I've been trying to figure this out with the info here http://www.robertcailliau.eu/Lego/Di...surements.html and apparently the midifighter is 1mm too big to use a 20x20 pip enclosure... so a 21x21 pip enclosure will work but there will be almost a cm of space in between the midifighter and the lego. a kit that would fit in 20x20 would be perfect because then you can use an unmodified base plate to hold the whole thing together. Or are my calculations wrong? I suck at math, heh, and some of the info about the lego dimensions is confusing....

it looks like legos will work quite nicely for DIY sidewalls. We have ordered a bunch of parts so expect a video tutorial in a few weeks!

Tech Student

hey thanks a bunch mang.

The only thing with lego is will it stay together without some sort of glue? for those not in the UK one of the Top Gear presenters recently built a house out of lego and everything inside out of lego, it didn't hold water well if at all and broke came apart very easily when pressure was applied

Tech Convert

From the looks of the measurements posted earlier in this thread, it seems like there is an intentional (though very small) gap between legos to reduce friction between them.

Legos for a midi case? I'm for it and I'm sure it'll provide all the protection you need.

Legos for a house? Well, that's a different beast entirely, haha.

yes but pressure applied to any lego it falls apart i was thinking along the lines of carrying the item in the lego case bashing it around... i would love to see a case made from lego or meccano or something like that!

Didn't they use a wooden skeleton for that one...

I loved the lego-loo.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Well a carrying case would be kind of cool, but you wouldn't want lego for that. A lego case just for protecting the sides from the occasional drink spillage would really be about all you could expect. For a carrying case, though, metal or plastic lunchbox-style would be the way to go, methinks, with options for printing your favorite anime characters or whatever on the case.... then again, the really hardcore Midifighter will probably want an all-metal briefcase version with an optional handcuff so you can cuff your midifighter to your wrist.... Loads of fun explaining this to TSA when you travel too!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast