woot! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: woot!

Tech Wizard

Mine also had some insert points soldered shut, 3 of them, #28. I didn't have a soldering iron but luckily one of my friends did. Long story short I finally got it put together and working.

Tech Convert

I got lucky number 25. Req, I noticed you said you only received 4 screws as was my situation. Luckily the buttons hold the unit together enough for some play time. Hopefully I will get 4 screws shipped my direction as I already e-mailed djtechtools with my scenario. Other than the missing screws all I can say is great things about this unit. I got so many oohs and ahhs at the New Years party I did last night.

Tech Student

^ i also only got 4 screws in mine also,,,
    anyone know the size of the screw and where i might be able to find one? i checked home depot and nothing,,, maybe an electronic parts store?

Woooot!

It's here! Now gimme a minute to hit the store for a couple supplies...

Anyone who is missing any parts send me an email to orders@djtechtools.com with your address. I will send you the missing parts.

i got the usps update today that mine made to a sorting center near here...prolly get it monday.
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

I had three bad insertion points and no soldering iron I mean, I have a soldering iron, somewhere, but I have no idea where it is; seriously, how often do you break out the soldering iron? I know, some of you more organized types have all your tools in one box but mine are scattered around the corners of closets and such. Anyway, I couldn't deal with going through closets full of junk to find it and it was 11 pm by the time my painting was done so I couldn't go buy one. So I used a lighter to heat up the end of an exacto knife until it was red hot, then stabbed it in the insertion point and rocked it around a little. Had to do this several times to break through the solder but it eventually worked. I don't recommend this, however; better to just get a soldering iron.... Now I just have to wait until they send me the four missing screws (or somebody posts the type of screw I need to buy)...

P.S. So are there mappings available for this thing anywhere?

Default w00t!

Here it is... still missing screws for the top piece... and hoping for some cool midi mappings. I've got hotcues 1-8 on the bottom two rows; nothing on the top two yet. If you want the blow-by-blow, check it out here http://www.turntablepoetry.com/midifighter/

Tech Convert

Awesome paintjob on that one, man. I kind of liked the clear acrylic and black look, but you may have inspired me to spice it up! And I might try your heated exacto knife trick, that's a good idea. Thanks for posting all the pics.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast