Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Remote's VCI-300 mapping v1.1 with ITCH SCRATCHING update

Remote's VCI-300 v1.1

UPDATE V1.1
    Added/Fixed:
    -Scrolling through track added!
    --HOLD SHIFT then HOLD SCRATCH and turn jog to scroll through track
    -Pitch Bend under shift to step .01 tempo (for exact manual BPM matching)
    -Loop section LEDs now work as such: Auto Loop always flashing. Activate and the Half Double button lit when loop Active.
    REWORKED SCRATCHING: Read this bit!!
    I've cleaned up the scratch settings but there's now more chance of accidently track starting!!
    Scratch button now toggles scratching on and off regardless of if the track is playing or not.
    This can result in accidentally starting the track if you touch the platter with the track stopped and scratch turned on.
    A little care is required now but it should be manageable like not hitting stop on the wrong deck manageable

Features:
    -Completely working scratching with nearly itch like feel (speed isn't quite right)
    -Near 1/1 Mapping of all controls

MediaFire Download Link

I used robinkirchhoff's TSI as a base for this mapping. Though I'm pretty sure I ended up rebuilding the whole thing credit were credit's due.

On the scratching front, it's almost prefect it still sounds a little odd and isn't anything like itch in terms of sound and tightness of feel. But for cueing tracks and backspins/short scratches it should work.
    I created it like this: --(which is now old read above for current way )
    PLAY/PAUSE button:
    Play/Pause toggle
    Modifer toggling from 0/1
    Plater:
    Jog scratch/Tempo Bend
    Plater Touch:
    Play/Pause HOLD and INVERT when modifier = 3
    Scratch button:
    Modifier toggle 1/3 only when modifer = 1

This stops you starting the track without the PLAY/PAUSE button being pressed. And stops the track when the platter is touched and holds it, instead of the problem with using SCRATCH ON of the track releasing form the scratch when the platter is still be still being touched.

To Add/Fix:
    -Fader FX, this should come soon I've got the modifier room and set up for it.
    -Add beatjump or fast forward to the << >> buttons in shift mode.
    Last edited by Remote; 01-01-2010 at 04:36 AM.

Tech Wizard

wow thanks, this looks totally awesome!

will def. try it out next week, using kirchhoffs right now but this seems easier to modify to my own needs, since its the basic itch mapping only!

whats a good tool to edit / merge tsi's?

Tech Wizard

Just tryed it out Remote, really awesome. Can't wait to the effects are working (I suck at midimapping). Good luck
    Gear:
    Macbook Pro 13" and 15" (Late 2009)
    2x DJ-Tech Vinyl USB 20 (Black) and Pioneer DJM400
    VCI-100 Arcade Edition 1.3 FW
    EKS Otus, Numark NS7 (Waiting for arrival)

Tech Mentor

Thanks. I kind of chucked this up untested. The scratch engage button isn't currently working as planned and the loop sections lighting is off.
    The loading/scrolling need a fix as well but it's nearly usable.

I might simplify some of the features which will take out some of the safeties I tried to implement (mainly the scratch button engage). Which will make the map a little touchier to use but less temperamental.

Thanxs dude, i'm playing tonight and am going to use this for the first time. tbh it will be the first time using a vci-300(not my vci-300 lol) with traktor too so im stoked and a little nervous lol.
    will let you know how it goes XD

Tech Mentor

Okay. Well scratch is currently flakey if your any good in traktor with midi go into the SCRATCH CONTROL bit and delete the modifier flip on the play/pause and cue buttons and set the modifier on the scratch button to work on any setting.
    Further the browse view isn't enabling disabling scratching for scrolling with the jog quite right so be careful.
    Good luck man!

Tech Wizard

Your link doesn't work anymore, anyways to have a RE UP ??

Thanks

Tech Mentor

I'll Re UP tonight. I'm not sure I have a tight version anymore though as I'm constantly tinkering so plenty of bugs creep in.
    I might have a functioning 4 deck version, I'll check

Default Itching and scratching

I saw your post on the scratching tsi was wondering if you still have that on file.

Tech Student

Mediafire still unvalid/file corrupt :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast