VCI 100 + Korg nanopad mappings for TP
    Tech Student

Default VCI 100 + Korg nanopad mappings for TP

Hi guys ive just purchased a korg nano pad to use along side my vci mainly for beat juggling and effects on the X-Y pad. I was wondering if anyone else is currently running this setup, (i've used the search and found some good ideas about going about this) but i wondered if anyone would care to share their TSI file as a starting point? Ideally im looking for something that is combined with the DJTT latest overlay mapping.

Thanks

I've been planning the same thing. Havn't bought a Nano Pad yet, but it looks to be a great combo with the VCI-100SE to keep the cue points on a seperate device.

Are nobody using these two together?

Tech Convert

I'm using a numark stealth control the korg nano pad together (although due to transport issues over the holidays, I've yet to have both at the same time)

As far as I know, you just map the two separately and it'll work fine - as added insurance, I changed the Korg nanopad to run through midi channel 2 and left the stealth controller on chan 01.

Though I think as Traktor can be set to only respond to midi signals coming from a specific device this shouldn't be an issue.

I can upload my TSI settings and nanopad settings later on today if you are interested, but it's still a work in progress

IM interested as well

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ryangti View Post
    but i wondered if anyone would care to share their TSI file as a starting point? I
    Hi.

If I remeber correctly a very talented forum member by the name Priscilla has posted a few sick TSI - here on the forum and demos on youtube.

I think she doesn't use a VCI-100 in addition to her Nano Pad (I think a hercules RMX) but it should be a good "starting point"

By the way I would have provided links but I'm just about to leave the house so one of you guys post some thread links etc.
    Last edited by Leon.R; 01-09-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Typo
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

unfortunately i still run T3 or i'd share my mapping with you.

but i have first 3 buttons of each row set for cue juggle, 4th linked to beatmasher+b/mash amt to 100% and length to 4 beats (sorts everything in one button press).
    juggle on c and d, but only really use synth/bass loops on them. remaining buttons are for loop control on c and d as that was missing on VCI - ran out of buttons

have the same layout for buttons on each page, but have 4 (2x2) layouts for the x/y -

a and b it does effect control (in addition to the remapped sections on vci - but i use 1.2 fw still so needed a work around for the 4th button issue)
    touching the pad turns effect on and sets amt knob to 100% 2 more knobs on x and last on y.
    and c and d, left/right runs a makeshift filter (effects always kept on b/mash with these 2) one kills bass/raises highs and the other does the opposite (use 4 knob eq) and up/down is key shift. perfect for when i'm juggling a piano sample.

hope this helps in a way, but obviously is geared to how my kit is mapped/used and to work around a few 'clashes' i created by getting too 'complicated' with some of it

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

as i'm now on pro, i thought i'd share my tsi with you...

doesn't show in the pics, but shift switches the c/d cues juggles to a/b

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud