Help needed with Xone:1D

Default Help needed with Xone:1D

Hello there,

I have just received my new controller from Allen & Heath Xone:1D. I don't have a mixer and soundcard yet so I am using it with internal mixing. I have a big issue that is there are only two knobs per section and the upper one is a rotary knob.

I wanted to use those for the highs and the filters but it just gets mad and impossible to control. I tried to mess with traktors definitions and set the rotary interaction mode as relative knob and then change the acceleration and sensitivity below but just couldn't do it..

Can anyone help me? Use the rotary knobs as normal knobs?

Thanks

You could try the following: depending on wich map you're using (ie Xone's midi map) the top row of encoders would either "send note on messages upon rotation" (midi map 1) or "send control changes messages upon rotation" (midi map 2).
    If you intend to use those encoders as "normal knobs" it would make sense to use midi map 2.

It's all explained within the xone 1d manual if you want to test that.

I haven't read the manual.. I'll see if I can change that. So to use as normal knobs I should use midi map 2?

I've tried both maps and its just the same.. If anyone had any other idea please post. Thanks

yes, no doubt about that
    If you're using map 1 (known as Traktor default) if you turn right it gives a messages, if you turn it left it gives another one like you were using two different buttons.
    If it's set to map 2, it is an endless encoder), now do the correct mapping, assign it to a deck, should work fine.

You tried both maps right, but did you change your mapping?? For filters for example, in map one you would have to set up two functions left/right which would correspond to dec/inc (and those would be set up as 'buttons'), in map 2 you set up only one as it is an encoder..and set up as an encoder, not a knob...
    And by the way as I see you are using those for different functions we assume you're using modifiers too right? Are all correctly set up?
    Last edited by Yul; 01-13-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Ohhhhh thanks youuuu it works perfectly now ))

No prob, you're welcome.