Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode)

I created a simple setup using A, B, C, and D for decks A-D, and set up the MIDI to work with any standard MidiFighter .tsi file (just put the MIDI source as the Maschine Controller). its already set to channel 3, and the top four buttons work to store the current fx setting for each deck (although when activating new FX on another deck, it seems to decactivate the "held" FX settings).

This is a standard .ncm file, so you can load it up as a single preset using Controller Editor, and selecting "append" in the add preset menu.

I've added the names of the FX from Ean's video to the pads, so if you set the Maschine controller using SHIFT + PADS you will then see the effects names.

The top four pads will not switch deck focus, instead, use the A B C and D buttons.
    Ben Grimm | DJing Gear: Macbook Pro | Traktor S4/TPro 2 | Maschine | Technics SL-1200mk2's |
    http://soundcloud.com/ben-grimm is where you can hear me | muffintop.tumblr.com is where you can see stuff I think is cool

Tech Guru

Great job man...Thanks a million for the hard work.

I'm going to try and expand on this a bit, I thought it would be good to use as a sample deck also. I'd also like to make the top row into a dedicated delay section. Maybe even a section for beatgrids.

Thanks again!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Wizard

Kinda got it working...but having some issues, hoping you can help.

Traktor S4, TP2, and Maschine 1.6. Installed NCM just fine, and then TSI in TP2. Running this with in 4 deck mode (2 decks + 2 sample decks) and 2 effects banks (but tried it with 4 and had same issues).

Here's what happens:

Fired it up, started mashing buttons, seems to work as expected EXCEPT that the wrong effects are loading for each button. I've tried changing them to the correct effect and attempting again, only to see the effects change back to the wrong one.

For example, Transpose Stretch is in place of LoFi (BitCrush). Seems like this thing somehow saved my original effects settings I had in place when I loaded the mapping?

Tech Mentor

this is dope!
    does it have led feedback like the original midifighter?

Yeah, there's LED feedback on the Maschine controller, I don't know if it works exactly the same as the MIDI Fighter's, but it will light up to show which buttons you're playing.

Also, with the FX loading wrong, that seems to have to do with needing to load up the TSI file in 4 Deck mode, as there's a preference to load your favorited FX when changing from 4 Deck to 2 Decks plus 2 Sample Decks, and I think that mucks it up. I've left Traktor 2 in 4 Deck mode while using it, and seems to work fine then, its a kind of nit-picky TSI file because it is so complicated.
    Last edited by Ben Grimm; 05-16-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    Ben Grimm | DJing Gear: Macbook Pro | Traktor S4/TPro 2 | Maschine | Technics SL-1200mk2's |
    http://soundcloud.com/ben-grimm is where you can hear me | muffintop.tumblr.com is where you can see stuff I think is cool

thank you

Tech Student

Default Not working!!

Having issues with loading the wrong FX.
    Set up is 2 1200's, 2 X1's, dn-x1700, and maschine.
    What I doing wrong? have TSP2 in 4 deck mode still same results.

Tech Guru

Import the midi fighter tsi using the big import button on the bottom. You may have to do it twice. The issue is the order your effects are in, by importing using the bottom button you should be sorted. It works great for me!

Good luck!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Student

Default ???

Ya tried that still not working.

Went to control manger
    -Add
    -Import
    -MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.3.tsi
    Did that twice, and left all In and Out port all ports

same result, is there a way that I have to line up the effects in the effects list in order for it to work???

Quote Originally Posted by chesknee View Post
    Ya tried that still not working.

Went to control manger
    -Add
    -Import
    -MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.3.tsi
    Did that twice, and left all In and Out port all ports

same result, is there a way that I have to line up the effects in the effects list in order for it to work???
    You actually need to use the import button that is at the bottom of the preferences panel, which will take out all the other preferences you have for FX and controller settings, so if you have anything customized there, you'll want to save that out using the export button that right next to the import button. Some folks have had to import the TSI file twice, but this is the only way I have seen to get the settings to copy across correctly.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast