Hey Folks,

Just wanna share something I've been working on for a couple years now. Not really sure what other forum to share this in..Anywho, designed a way to control LED strips super easily using midi. The main way to control lights using midi is through DMX. Found DMX to be really great for large stage setups, but too confusing for the average producer to get into lighting on a smaller scale. Designed a unit to drive LED strips using standard midi. To control each led strip you need need 3 midi notes for each color. The velocity of each midi note corresponds to the brightness of that color on the led strip.
Its been fun doing neat stuff with the LED strips and sequencing some sequenced light shows in my apartment. Its easy to do creative things with led strips like put them in pumpkins, or put them in ikea paper lamps. I've also built some led panels which go above my desk. Here's one example of a midi lighting sequence I programmed to Hex by Rezz and 1788L on my light panels:

Also setup up a way to DJ while controlling lighting loops. Made a video to explain it here:

Anyways, if any of you out there wanna demo some hardware feel free to DM me. Also if anyone is interested in programming my lights, you could send a midi file and mp3, I'd record it and send it back to you.

Thanks for any feedback!