Run Trakor At It's Finest, Even If You Don't Run An Expensive Machine - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Thanks stephen some great tips there. Gamebooster eh, might look into that tomorrow.
    i give it 's

going to really go for it and try to lock things up with that running tomorrow. had a couple since getting my nanopad, but none yesterday when i ran gamebooster, but that was only for half hour play.

i found unplugging the controllers works to sort it. guessing it's the device drivers getting bogged down? might try a batch file to restart the drivers using devcon, should save time....

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    i tend to agree with chris pirillo that registry cleaners do WAY more harm than good.
    auslogics resitry defrag, been using 18 months, no hidden bullshit (like some), free to d/l + install and makes a noticeable difference (on untidy systems that aren't properly maintained, if you use it regularly you won't notice a difference either way, unless you leave it til performance turns crap again to run it)

SoundCloud

This is a great post! Thanks for sharing.

If you're considering using a Mac, don't assume that all the bugs, freezes, glitches, etc will go away just because you have a Mac. ALL computers require proper maintenance, not just PCs, so don't think you can just run your Mac until it blows up without maintaining.

There might be less steps in maintaining with a Mac (I really just run DiskWarrior and the Disk Utility function at least every 3-4 weeks), but it still work that you have to do.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

glad this helped a few cats out, id like to acknowledge a few members of the fourm for lending me their tech savv,

Monika.mhz

alien2k

kaleaf

chex

BentoSan

midifidler

JesterNZDJ

BradCee

greatmesk

Karlos Santos

&Ean Golden
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnhong View Post
    This is a great post! Thanks for sharing.

If you're considering using a Mac, don't assume that all the bugs, freezes, glitches, etc will go away just because you have a Mac. ALL computers require proper maintenance, not just PCs, so don't think you can just run your Mac until it blows up without maintaining.

There might be less steps in maintaining with a Mac (I really just run DiskWarrior and the Disk Utility function at least every 3-4 weeks), but it still work that you have to do.
    Good post, I like that it puts balance to the Mac is superior attitude. A lot of people can't offord a Mac especially when you account for controllers and software so the "buy a mac problem solved" mentality is really just banter in means of productive input, thou by all means everyone is entitled to their input.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Good post Stephen. Im sure many will find this useful.
    I think the points you make would be good subject for a Sticky for noobs or anyone encountering issues with PCs.

Karlos

Gamebooster is awesome! bloody hell "the unmentioned program" is running like a rocket now on the pc
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

found a program for managing devices, similar to device manager in windows, but with an 'easier' interface and has options for disabling devices.
    it's called 'devmanview' - short for device manager view (i assume).
    http://download.cnet.com/DevManView/...tml?tag=mncol/

simple enough, just select the device, and hit the red button. you can use ctrl click to select multiple devices, luckily, and they stay selected. so you can then minimize the window, and bring it back up to start them again. there is also a 'disabled' column. so if you accidently click away from them you can sort the devices that way for quick restart. Annoyingly it doesn't have an option for saving profiles, the save option it has just puts all the device/driver details in a txt file

!!**IMPORTANT**!!
    Requires being run as admin to work best (vista/7). which as we all know can be done from the right click menu.

However, if you have used the 'kill explorer' technique you won't have that option. Instead you can open task manager (using crtl+alt+del), go to file, new task, then put in the path, i.e
    d:\devmanview\devmanview.exe /admin:yes - this last part starts it in admin mode, tested it with command prompt, normal cmd starts with the directory pointing at user folder, with admin argument, it points at sytem32
    I also recommend this for gamebooster, just feels like it works better/less restricted.

Or you can go to the registry, and put links to these under;
    HKey_CurrentUser\Sofware\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run
    In the pane on the right, right click, select new string, right click on it, select modify and under value put the path to the program and the admin argument above.

Make sure this is done in the DJ user you have set-up. If you are unsure how to open the registry from task manager, file, new task, regedit. If you are unsure about editing the registry, DON'T DO IT!!!
    However if you pm me (with the path details of the programs) i'm happy enough to put together a registry patch you can install.

SoundCloud

New addition to original post: "Speed Up your system" tips. read up@!# & all you PC haters, remember, it's not all about the operating system it's how you operate it! hah just messin'

long live the PC!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast