Sample Deck slot state modifier conditions

Default Sample Deck slot state modifier conditions

You can pick 'sample deck slot state' as a modifier in the midi mapping window, and you can pick 0, 1, 2 as the options... what do these correspond to? I'm hoping it's empty, one shot, and loop, but just wanted to check.

Ok so I played around with it, and it looks like 0 corresponds to empty, 1 corresponds to loaded but stopped, 2 corresponds to loaded but playing...

So my question now is - can anyone think of a way to do the following:

I want to map my S4 so that the sample decks behave slightly differently. If I have a loop in the sample deck, I like the way it currently works, but if I have a one shot, occasionally I like to trigger the sample multiple times in rapid succession, which doesn't work so well if it's a longer sample - for example, I press the sample deck button, it plays the sample, but then if I want to retrigger the sample I have to press the button twice - once to stop the sample, once to start it again. I would prefer it if I could use the same button to retrigger the sample.

However, as I like the way loops currently work, I don't know how to do this without affecting them. Anyone got any ideas?

you could do it via modifiers:

Button 1:
    Modifier1=1 direct for M1=0
    Modifier1=0 direct for M1=1

so you have a basic modifier toggle.

now set you sample buttons to SAMPLE PLAY/STOP hold for M1=0
    and SAMPLE PLAY/STOP toggle for M1=1

you can now play them quickly on hold like you would play a track on CUE/PLAY and play them on toggle (PLAY/STOP) by using the modifier (I recommend a status LED for this thing!).

I use the same effect (with a fader for modifier, comes more handy!) in my own VCI-Mapping -> http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=156

you can even play them on HOLD, keep the sample button pressed and then press the modifier, to keep the sample playing!

Hmm I don't really want to have to set a modifier on a separate button, I was hoping for a way to make it just work. Will think about it some more.

Default Just been looking for the same thing...

Watch the DJ Dummy traktor S4 vid, and he clearly does what you are after. You can use an invert on sample trigger, but as it only starts to play when you release the sample play button (whatever you have assigned it to), the timing is all off.
    This is starting to annoy me... they show it off in their vids, and then I am left puzzled how to do this!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by escapemcp View Post
    Watch the DJ Dummy traktor S4 vid, and he clearly does what you are after. You can use an invert on sample trigger, but as it only starts to play when you release the sample play button (whatever you have assigned it to), the timing is all off.
    This is starting to annoy me... they show it off in their vids, and then I am left puzzled how to do this!!!
    Have you tried turning quantize on and off? It makes a HUGE difference.

Yeah, Q is off!
    I meant that if you have the trigger on invert, then it only plays when you release the button, which is wrong.
    I use one button for play(trigger)/retrigger & another for stop. Works well now, except I don't have a mute.
    I think the mapping went something like (all on a single pad):
    Play sample/Direct/Set to 1 & (re?)trigger sample. If you just used play, then pressing the button just switched the sample on and off. Using (re)trigger (I think) by itself meant that you had to hold down the button for the sample to remain playing.
    By combining the 2 commands on one button, and using the direct (set to 1) command on the Play command, then you can retrigger the sample whenever you want but if you just leave it, then it ensures that the sample remains playing.
    Hope that helps someone!