LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

@MisterMigz

Really feeling this shit man, nice work. I've changed it around a bit to suit my needs but yeah, top stuff. I understand how everything works now. I even got all the buttons associated with looping (loop in, size, loop active etc) to light up brighter than their regular state when ever loop is activated. It's pretty slick man.
    By they way I dont know if you had any issues with hot cue buttons not working properly, but I found the controller range needed to be on min 0 and max 5 to get all the cues to work as they should. Might have just been my set up but who knows.

Peace
    Last edited by dodge; 02-16-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Tech Wizard

@dodge: That issue was known:

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...8363#post88363

@MisterMigz: Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to link to this in the first post, or update it with corrected versions of the .tsi files.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ejac View Post
    @dodge: That issue was known:

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...8363#post88363

@MisterMigz: Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to link to this in the first post, or update it with corrected versions of the .tsi files.
    Son of a bitch!! Not you, but the fact I missed all that! I've kinda got it all set up how I want it now but that would have saved a shit load of time. I noticed on your colour reference there's no yellow. I found the 126 area made my lights go bright yellow

Tech Wizard

I got that info from the launchpad programmer's reference on the novation site. They use the term amber for yellow.

Lets see what 126 means

126 is in binary

following the reference, they say that bit 6 (its the first bit, they give the bits following nrs: 6 5 4 3 2 1 0) should always be 0, don't think they explain why, yours is 1, don't know what effect that has.
    bit 5 and 4 control the green color (there are 4 possible values with 2 bits: 0 0 = 0 = off; 0 1 = 1 = low; 1 0 = 2 = mid; 1 1 = 3 = high)
    Bit 0 and 1 control the red color in the same way.
    bit 3 and 4 are used for double buffering (which is important if a lot of leds are updated at the same time, and if i understand correctly can also be used the let the led flash (should get more into that, is a cool feature)), and if not used should be 1, but actually it doesn't seem to really matter.

So
    126 = 1 11 11 10 is green high (1 1) and red mid (1 0), which results in a bright yellowish color (equal amounts of green and red are apparently called amber)
    62 = 0 11 11 10 is the same color, and I mentioned that as a color you can use, but I don't know much about color names...

following that logic:
    0 11 10 10 = 58
    0 11 01 10 = 54
    0 11 00 10 = 50

are all also that same bright yellow color (though could be that one of those values will be sent to the buffer and will not update the current color, haven't got my launchpad here to try)
    Last edited by ejac; 02-17-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Tech Wizard

I'm tempted to try mapping my launchpad like the MIDIFighter...hrm..

@ejac

Hey I got it right finally. I disabled all the launchpad controls and realized traktor was still reacting to some launchpad's keys so i found out the problem was in the midi configuration of my korg zero8 wich was "all midi ports" in "in" and "out" configurations.

Thanks for the help

I'm gonna shred it tomorrow's night gig xDD

Tech Student

QUESTION: is it possible to have the vol-arm arrows LED sequence to the beat ?

what i mean is for beat one the vol arrow LED lights up a color, then next beat the pan arrow below it lights up and the one above it turns off and so on.

if possible could someone tell me how to achieve this ?

btw this is the greatest thread on the greatest website

Tech Wizard

@ju1c380x: plz explain

• to the beat: did you mean react to the music? afaik, this is not really possible with traktor alone, or its not an easy one. With extra software that for example detects the midi clock from traktor and translates that into midi messages to the launchpad, i see this possible. EDIT: seems that the beatphase monitor can be used to do just that.
    • vol arrow: have no idea what you mean with this
    • pan arrow: same here
    Last edited by ejac; 03-01-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ju1c380x View Post
    QUESTION: is it possible to have the vol-arm arrows LED sequence to the beat ?
    You can - Traktor can send an output command assignable to deck for beat phase (output>global>beat phase monitor), which really only does the trick if you grid your tracks. As for a master clock led out, I'm not sure if TPro's got it, but try a few of the options under output>master clock to find out.

I like having a beat synced led for each individual deck though (mostly just an indicator to me if a deck is stopped or playing, but it's a nice quick indicator of synchronization too).
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

I was wondering what that beat phase monitor did exactly, the manual or its addendum don't give an explanation afaik, and I haven't had the opportunity to try it.

It would be a nice idea to let the playbutton pulse to the beat, I do accidentally push the wrong play/pauze button when I'm in a hurry, the pulsing would definitely help diminish that.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast