LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

a couple more links to stuff i stumbled over for the launchpad (though thats probably more relevant for ableton users):
    various sequencers -> http://little-scale.blogspot.com/search?q=launchpad
    nonome (aka mononome port) and other stuff -> http://www.illuminatedsounds.com/
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Student

That is awesome, thank you so much for sharing your insight and wisdom in setting this up. Definately going to be trying this.

Respectfully yours,

AMADO
    www.DJAMADO.com

Tech Student

Default Migz, Thank you

Migz thank you so much sir. Hooked it up,
    imported the tsi files, and got everythig working - really nice.
    Eveything is lit to match your photo as well.

Sweet, thank so much for sharing - that is awesome

Respectfully yours,

AMADO
    www.DJAMADO.com

Tech Wizard

@AMADO: Check out my updated versions of those .tsi files, there were some errors in the original ones.

@lsmith: I also checked out the katapult software, its an ok start, but its far from userfriendly imho, at this point in time it gives too little surplus value for me to pay for it.

I was dreaming about such software myself, because of the hassle to program traktor outputs, and above all because of the delay/latency I talked about in my previous post (edit 2 in the above link). But I'm afraid that, for me, Katapult is not the solution, maybe after a few updates it will be...
    You still have to program traktor outputs, then map them via commands in a textfile to the launchpad.
    Kind of like the takeover feature, where you can let a fader or knob move from one value to another with some user chosen delay/speed.
    Also they should add more default settings/mappings, especially if they ask money for it!
    Their Website and documentation are very ok though.

In my vision of the perfect launchpad-traktor helper application, there is a .tsi file for traktor that outputs every parameter traktor can output to a different midi cc/note/..., so the program knows everything that is going on in traktor.
    Then all assignment can and should be done via learn in the helper application:
    Learn for input AND output, why not even at the same time. And also traktor control learn like ableton, meaning, that you push a button with your mouse on traktor (the app gets informed because all actions are output to it) and then push a button on the launchpad to assign. Then the sky is the limit .

btw, lsmith: Thanks for those other links, very interesting stuff, tried some of them, really fun!

EDIT: actually Bome's midi translator does some of the stuff i was dreaming about, trying it out right now
    some time later: wow, its a very good program, very flexible, midi learn from launchpad and traktor, you can add as many rules as you want, you can use global and local vars to remember stuff, easily disable/re-enable settings, copy-paste a lot, type things in you can also choose from a list (this is not possible in traktor midimapping, grrr).

some time later: good as it is to circumvent the latency issues, making several pages to switch between is not that easy: to be able to use pages on the launcpad, bome must remember every output of traktor, which is possible, but bome 1.6 has only 72 global variables, so not enough to remember all settings. There is a workaround with a modulo operator or bitwise comparison, so several values can be stored in one variable, but it will make it not easy to understand, extend, maintain, ... And bome doesnt have these operators, but they could be simulated with the operators it has

So new approach: gonna try max/msp. Have worked with puredate a free alternative, so i hope to get some results.

some time later: took some time to get anything going, but managed to make 2 pages with each 1 button, which led gets updated on page change . So I'll probably be able to make what I want, and hopefully be able to share it here
    Last edited by ejac; 02-05-2010 at 04:06 PM.

This thread really delivered! Thanks so much everyone for the useful info. People love the launch pad when they see it they just want to push buttons!
    Novation ReMote 25, Novation Launchpad, Traktor Pro, Macbook Pro
    http://flavors.me/jkcraven

Hello.

First of all congrat to the developer, really nice job!

I'm experiencing some problems though with the hotcues of decks C and D.

By parts:
    - The problem is only with hotcues keys
    - Decks A and B work perfectly and do not interfeer with any other deck.
    - Hotcues in Deck C and D, (some of them), also trigger hotcues in decks A and B - that's the problem.

Notes:
    - All in/out ports are selected to the launchpad
    - "Device Target"'s are all in "Focus" mode
    - "Assigment"'s are set to the correspondent deck (A B C & D)

In more detail:
    - Hotcue 1 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 1 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 2 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 2 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 3 of Deck C works fine
    - Hotcue 4 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 4 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 5 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 1 of Deck B
    - Hotcue 6 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 2 of Deck B
    - Hotcue 7 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 3 of Deck B
    - Hotcue 8 of Deck C also triggers Hotcue 4 of Deck B

- Hotcue 1 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 5 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 2 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 6 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 3 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 7 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 4 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 8 of Deck A
    - Hotcue 5 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 5 of Deck B
    - Hotcue 6 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 6 of Deck B
    - Hotcue 7 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 7 of Deck B
    - Hotcue 8 of Deck D also triggers Hotcue 8 of Deck B

Anyone experiencing this or able to help?

Thank you in advance.

Tech Student

Hello peeps , Still deciding weather to get Launchpad or APC20 . Both falls <200
    What u think guys ?

Tech Guru

if you really need those faders the choice is obvious. if you need something mobile get the launchpad. in terms of "hacker" community the launchpad also seems like the better choice. it also should be cheaper.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

@AnalogDog.

Hey man, you got any pics of what you have done with your buttons? I am going to be getting some of those 3M pads like you recommended but would like to see what you have done. Am I right in saying that what you have done is print onto a clear sheet then use the 3M pads to stick down, basically meaning there is a clear print in between the button itself and the 3M sticky pad?
    Also, unless I missed a post somewhere can you elaborate a bit more on what you are using the spray for? I don't get why you are using a waterproof spray when you have used the 3M pads to stick to the buttons. I'm a bit lost.
    Thanks in advance for the help

Tech Wizard

@evolu7ion_vii

Do some work to exclude things:
    for example disable input for deck A and B settings in traktor, do you still have the problem?
    yes, then you know its coming from the other settings
    no, then you know its coming from those settings

There are probably other things like that you could try to get closer to the origin of the problem.

Try to create the minimal conditions needed to cause this behavior, share them, so other ppl can test it and maybe give useful feedback.

Also, I use bome midi translator or a max/msp patch and Maple Virtual Midi Cable to inspect which midi messages are sent exactly. It helps a lot when debugging mappings, or exploring seemingly odd behavior. But it takes some time to set it up and understand. Those programs do much more than only that, maybe there are better tools out there to simply inspect midi messages..
    Last edited by ejac; 02-16-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast