LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Default Traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by ejac View Post
    Woot i figured out the led thing and hotcue range stuff (not completely but getting there). And was able to remove some bugs in the original tsi

I don´t know if was clear,
    but Which version of Traktor you are using with the .tsi?

thanks
    andré

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by andrewakko View Post
    I don´t know if was clear,
    but Which version of Traktor you are using with the .tsi?

thanks
    andré
    Traktor version 1.2.1

Tech Mentor

this is why i love this site! Still customizing ejacs update to fit my needs but it rocks so far.

Tech Wizard

Just bought a Launchpad for $171.82 shipped off US ebay from PSSL!

I will be joining you all soon.

:eek: That's worth me giving you some props... all that effort looks great and user friendly... been looking for a way to use my launchpad with a vci-100.

Keep it coming... I'll look to add to the thread should I discover something new.

OK... quick add. I printed the PDF on a clear cellophane. Make sure your laser printer can do this.

I inverted it. The used a thin layer of a product called "Museum Gel". It's like a clear rubber tack compound that is used to hold glass ware in place on a surface. It won't degrade rubber or plastic. It provides a firm hold. And I put the print side down (hence the inversion) so that with use your fingers won't degrade the print surface (they only hit cellophane).

To remove, you can pull it off, and rub of the gel no problem in order to change it. I was not sure I would like the feel of velcro, and i wanted it as bright as possible.

I'm pondering putting it on with clear printed sticky paper and having multiple done... but I think it would be easier to just get another launchpad and put different labels on it for my Live setup.

Quote Originally Posted by misterMigz View Post
    Man, this is pretty sick! Awesome work! thanks for posting this up! really dig the fact that you figured out the LEDs and updated the TSI's.

On a different note....

Happy New Years Everyone! I'm glad to see we have a solid foundation for using the Launchpad with Traktor. Let's keep the innovations going!

I'm really interested in working with other controllers too. I have been using a BCR2000 for all my fader/efx controls. The build quality of the BCR2000 leaves a lot to be desired however. I'd love to replace it with a Lemur, but don't want to spend the scratch. I've considered using a Xone D1, but don't particularly like the layout... Anyhow, once i've figured that out, i'll try and create a separate thread for launchpad setups n other gear.
    DO NOT SPEND THE SCRATCH! Lemur not quite where it needs to be to part with$1700 in my opinion. You can almost get another Mac or put it towards other gear at that price.

Lemur drop = crying spell.

Launchpad drop = disposable.

Just my opinion... the Lemur's are sexy though.

These might actually work better. They are thin, clear, and already cut to nearly perfect size.
    "Pre-cut mounting squares of clear, removable adhesive offer a quick and easy way to hang a variety of items on almost any smooth surface. Four squares securely hold up to 1/2 lb. Transparent squares have adhesive on both sides to attach and remove easily. Rearrange and reposition items with no damage to walls. Used for mounting posters, banners, artwork and other items on walls, windows, cabinets, and other smooth dry surfaces. Photo-safe."

Gotta love 3M
    Last edited by analogdog; 01-09-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Default Making clear button overlay that can be removed if necessary.

OK. looks like the 3m dual clear sticky pads are the ticket. I bought 2 packs (35 each), and 3 overhead laserprint sheets for $11 at a Copymax. Figured I should have extra sheets for other mappings.

I reversed the overlay pdf and printed on the clear sheet so the printing is on the underside. I carefully placed one side of the individual sticky squares on the back of each button, then cut them out with a scalpel. They fit nearly perfect, have a uniform feel, and will likely be quite durable when my launchpad is stored in the neoprene case.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by analogdog View Post
    DO NOT SPEND THE SCRATCH! Lemur not quite where it needs to be to part with$1700 in my opinion. You can almost get another Mac or put it towards other gear at that price.

Lemur drop = crying spell.

Launchpad drop = disposable.

Just my opinion... the Lemur's are sexy though.
    hahaha...yea i actually agree with you now that i've taken my time. My current set up is working for me and the latest mix i made is getting cool responses. Its the first one i had done *officially* with the launchpad and 4 decks.

However, I'm eagerly awaiting apple to announce their multi-touch tablet. From what i heard, its going to be like a large iphone w/o the phone. If that's the case, then touchOSC might work on it, giving us the best bang for our buck for a lemur sub.

We'll see tho...lol

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast