LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Tobert View Post
    Using Bomes and MIDI out, you could program some cool features...
    e.g.

display of volume via button lights
    status of track (track stopped or playing)
    different color for diffent cue points
    You dont need Bomes to do it ... If you send different velocity you can have different color for every cue points.

Tech Convert

"i think what might be happening is you may be using the import button in the bottom left of the preferences window. what you want to do is click on the "add" drop down menu (in the controller manager underneath where you can choose devices) and choose to import the .tsi files one at a time. should add them without deleting the previous ones this way"

Thanx Pipedreams, I'll try that tonight...

Cheers

Tech Wizard

After I buy my DDM4000 this is my next purchase! Super excited

Tech Convert

Hey everybody, I just got a launchpad a couple days ago and have spent a lot of times setting it up. I will be sharing my setup with more details soon, but for now I have a question:

The mapping of midi notes on my LaunchPad seems to be one octave higher than that shown by the "LaunchPad Programmers Reference" document as well as that shown in this picture I found on another djtechtools thread http://www.comlogix.de/grafiken/laun...sion_large.jpg

For me the first square button in the upper right corner is C-1 and the lower right is B8, but the other sources show it as C-2 and B7.... anybody else experience this or know why my unit might be this way? It's not a problem, but if mine ever switches back to the normal mapping I'll have a whole lot of tsi entries to change.

Thnx,

Todd Keebs

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by keebs View Post
    The mapping of midi notes on my LaunchPad seems to be one octave higher than that shown by the "LaunchPad Programmers Reference" document as well as that shown in this picture I found on another djtechtools thread http://www.comlogix.de/grafiken/laun...sion_large.jpg
    Hey Keebs, not sure why. Very interesting though. I think this may be why some users have trouble using my TSI's for the 4-up setup.

I'm curious... are these the notes out of the box? or are these the notes you see via "automap"? I've heard some people can make launchpad+traktor work with automap running, however, i like to kill automap when running traktor due to the fact that i can easily change midi notes by mistakingly hitting the learn button... not sure if that's part of what your seeing but never know...

I'd definitely be interested in knowing what the community here has to say about this.

Tech Convert

These are the settings when automap is closed and as far as I know, these were the settings out of the box. It's possible that when first messing around with automap I shifted all values down up octave not knowing what I was doing? I haven't messed with automap at all really except for briefly trying to figure out how to use it with Traktor and then failing.

I'm going to get back to work on my setup so I can put it up for others to see now. It's taking forever but hopefully will be worth it.

Todd

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by keebs View Post
    These are the settings when automap is closed and as far as I know, these were the settings out of the box. It's possible that when first messing around with automap I shifted all values down up octave not knowing what I was doing? I haven't messed with automap at all really except for briefly trying to figure out how to use it with Traktor and then failing.

I'm going to get back to work on my setup so I can put it up for others to see now. It's taking forever but hopefully will be worth it.

Todd
    its quite possible that something might have gone screwy while automap is open and your pushing buttons. I actually goofed at first and had assigned a couple buttons (unknowingly... thank you launchpad 'learn button') to the same midi note (imagine my surprise when 5 buttons all did the same thing).

Anyhow, not sure but there must be a way to reset the factory defaults on the launchpad so you get the default notes. I also suggest that when your running traktor that you don't run automap. First, there's no need, and 2nd, why have the extra processing that's not going to be used (unless someone can give me a good reason to).

Tech Convert

No, I definitely am not using AutoMap while using the LaunchPad for Traktor. Like you said, it seems to pull up funny windows etc.

I am just about done w/ my mapping, but am really having a tough time with one last section I need to assign/light up properly. I have 4 buttons each for decks A and B that I want to control loops. Each button I want to be a different loop length, and I want them to light up only when that specific loop is engaged.

What this means is that when the song is playing normally no buttons light up. If you then press "button 1" it lights up and the track sets and starts a loop "length 1". Press it again and it turns the loop and the light off. Do the same with "button 2" for "length 2" and the same thing happens.

Where it becomes really tricky is that I want to be able to switch between loop lengths without resetting the loop or turning it or the light off. For example:
    -press "button 1" which sets and turns on loop "length 1" and turns on "button 1"s light
    -press "button 2" which would leave the loop points set but change the loop length to "length 2", turn on "button 2"s light and turn off "button 1"s light.
    -press "button 2" again, turning off the loop and turning off "button 2"s light.

I would try and describe how exactly I've failed in doing this, but I've tried so many things I wouldn't know where to start (using multiple modifier states, using "loop size + set", using "loop size" and "loop set" separately, using "loop active", etc etc) . I feel like there's a simple solution but once I get close I can't get it to fully work.

Does anybody think this is possible or should I just give up?

Thanks,

Todd Keebs

Tech Convert

My solution for loops :

one button to switch loop on/off
    another one to increase loop length
    and a 3rd one to decrease loop length.

the thing you describe may be quite hard to achieve I think.

BTW I also noticed that the note layout in the Novation Lauchpad developper PDF is not correct (at least when you use it in Traktor Pro).
    Ans as far as I use the "Learn" function in Traktor, there is probably no reason that it is a traktor bug ...

Tech Convert

Ok here is my mapping :

TSI : (Traktor Pro v1.2.1)

http://www.geuggis.com/fichiers/DJTE...oLaunchpad.tsi

PDF for mapping info :

http://www.geuggis.com/fichiers/DJTE...oLaunchpad.pdf

My goal :

Using 4 decks, all synced to master BPM, all my tracks being BeatGrided.
    I use it mainly for techno sets, kind of Chris Liebing/Speedy-J-like sets ...

Mapping :
    Collumns 1+2 for deck 1, 3+4 for deck 2, 5+6 for deck 3 and 7+8 for deck 4.

Top round buttons for extra, Right round button for browsing in tracks + extra

left-bottom round button = global SHIFT function.

Check the PDF file to understand my mapping !

DECK1 -> DECK4 collumns, all using the same mapping :

First collumn, top to bottom :

button1 : Load current selected track to deck, SYNC deck and select deck
    button2 : filter increment, using SHIFT : filter on/off
    button3 : filter decrement, using SHIFT : filter reset to zero
    button4 : FX1 on/off
    button5 : FX3 on/off
    button6 : move play pointer backward, using SHIFT : go to begging of the track
    button7 : loop size decrement
    button8 : Play/Stop deck (using blinking led)

Second collumn, top to bottom :

button1 : unused
    button2 : Hi cut on/off
    button3 : Low cut on/off
    button4 : FX2 on/off
    button5 : FX4 on/off
    button6 : move play pointer forward
    button7 : loop size increment
    button8 : loop on/off

TOP row (round buttons), left to right :

button1 : FX1 Freeze on/off
    button2 : FX2 Freeze on/off
    button3 : FX3 Freeze on/off
    button4 : FX4 Freeze on/off
    button5 & 6 : unused
    button7 : master bpm decrease
    button8 : master bpm increase

RIGHT collomns (round buttons), top to bottom :

button1 : browser page up, using SHIFT : browser TOP
    button2 : browser up 1 file
    button3 : browser down 1 file
    button4 : browser page down, using SHIFT : browser BOTTOM
    button5 : unused
    button6 : Full broser mode on/off
    button7 : Global low CUT (all 4 decks) momentary, using SHIFT : global low cut (all decks) persistent.
    button8 : SHIFT button

Hope it's clear for you ...

Tell me if it's usefull.

It's my first try, so I will probably post upgraded versions at later time ...

PS : using the PDF I made an overlay by printing on a transparent paper, fixing it on my launchpad with velcro (so I can switch it for various uses), it's working fine !

Here are two pics :

Last edited by trz303; 12-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast