LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I'm having a similar problem here, except I'm using a heavily modified version of the Midi Fighter deckalized mapping ported to the launchpad, which I found on this forum. I've been troubleshooting this for weeks, I can't believe traktor can have such a glaring bug. I've got a brand new lenovo ideapad z560 pc, core i5, 4gb ram. Just purchased a usb 3.0 expresscard because I thought it might help the problem, which it did not. Neither did using a powered usb hub. I think it's caused my a number of factors, obviously slow LED's shouldn't cause audio glitches in traktor, but also the LED's are slow in other programs as well, like ableton (but thankfully this does not cause audio problems, just slow LED's). I've had major problems with thinks like MLR running in max4live not lighting LED's correctly, leaving ones lit when there should not be, etc. I have none of these problems on my desktop computer, which has a slower processor, older soundcard, etc. I've read the latency might be caused by IRQ sharing, but there's really no way to change what IRQ your usb ports use.

The best solution I've found so far is using Midi-ox to figure out what notes are being sent to the launchpad and removing the unnecessary ones. In my mapping I don't have lights for individual hot cues, so I've got the same amount of midi data output being sent to other midi controller LED's, and I only have problems when the output to the launchpad is enabled, even if it's going through a secondary program like midi ox or bome's. Apparently if you update your launchpad to beta drivers from this thread it can slightly improve the speed. Novation-Launchpad.com Forum Thread

[edit] I just e-mailed Novation about this issue and to see if there are any updates with the beta drivers (the ones on that thread are months old now). I'll post again if I find anything out.
    Last edited by nukage; 12-07-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraa View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but for the people who are having problems in Traktor with the hotcue leds updating all at once when you load a song into a deck (it generates audio glitches because of the low-speed-usb it uses apparently), I made a mapping in Bome's Midi translator that delays every led outut for the hotcues with 300ms.

It doesn't completely solve the problem, but it sure works a lot better now.
    The audio glitches are substantially less hearable compared to when you normally load a song into a deck & all the hotcue-leds go on.

So:

1. Download this rar file (it contains the bome's midi translator file & a tsi file for traktor)

2. Install Midi-Yoke (it's free)

3. Install Bome's Midi translator (it's not free, but there are "other" ways to get it )

4. Delete all hotcue led-outputs you have for your launchpad in your existing mapping in Traktor.

5. Import the tsi file & in the device "Launchpad_Hotcue_Leds", select "none" for your Midi input & "Midi Yoke 1" for your Midi output

6. Open Bome's Midi Translator, open the .bmtp file included in the rar.

7. Select "Midi Yoke 1" as your Midi input & "Launchpad" as your Midi output on the top menu.

What it basicly does is:

When you load a song into a deck in Traktor, it sends all the hotcue-led-outputs to Midi Yoke 1. Bome's catches these signals and delays them all by 300ms. It then sends the delayed signals to your Launchpad. You'll see that when you load a song into a deck, the hotcues will be delayed as said before.

I'll say it again: It doesn't completely solve the problem since the Output messages in Traktor are still being sent at the same time, but it improves the glitch-problem substantially.

PS: The tsi file included only changes the led-outputs for the hotcues, it doesn't add any other mappings. So remember that you only delete the hotcue-outputs you already have!

PS2: The pads I choose for the hotcues are these, if you want them to light up somewhere else, you'll have to change the bome's file yourself. The leds for the hotcues light up FULL red for decks A & C and DIMMED red for decks B & D. I did this so you could see more easily what deck you're using on the LP. Again, if you want this in another color, just change it yourself

I've actually wrote an app to fix that problem. The final release will be coming out soon, but here's a link to the beta thread....
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497
    And the most recent version is post #69 on page 7...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=17497&page=7

Tech Convert

I know this has thus far been about mapping four deck and sorry for the post jack, but for some odd reason my stealth controller is canceling out my launchpad. I've done the big import button little import button thing already but its still be weird in my powered hub. here are my TSI's

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ejac View Post
    EDIT: Added some attachments:
    I used ejac's fine work as a base for mapping my launchpad today, and made a couple of changes, and thought I'd share my .tsi files, because none available here did exactly what I wanted.

the only major changes from ejac's .tsi files are as follows:

-Mapped deck D (he may not use it, but I do ^_^)
    -Holding Shift (Session button on launchapd) and pressing each deck's play button will focus that deck
    -Holding shift will turn the hotcue buttons into delete buttons for the cuepoints, allowing you to delete your hotcues on the fly. (the LEDs also blink off instantly, so it's visually intuitive)

The hotcue delete mappings are in the control .tsi, so in order for it to work, you must install all 5 .tsi files.

thanks for looking
    Last edited by newg; 12-19-2010 at 08:51 PM.

I also found a way to reflect the hotcue type with different colors. I purchased a copy of Bomes in order to do that. If anyone is interessted PM me.

I'm interested!

Hey guys,
    long time reader, first time poster here... Just want to say that this has got to be one of THE best threads on DJTT!
    Thanks everyone for all the great info, I've been having a blast trying all this stuff out.

Got a question... I'm wondering how one would go about implementing midi fighter .tsi mappings on the launchpad. In particular the instant gratification mapping.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Tech Convert

midi learn... and lots of it!

Tech Mentor

hi all,

midi-mapping newb here so be kind! I think I am going to get a launchpad to use with ableton but I also want to use it with my traktor set=up.

currently i use traktor pro and numark omnicontrol and i want to use the launchpad to fire off hot cues/loops (1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4 ,8 16,32).

ideally i would like to use the first two horizontal lines for 8 hot cues on a 2 deck set up and the next 2 horzontal lines for the loops.

i know how to map the buttons but its the LEDs that i have no clue how to set up, i have read through the thread and it still makes no sense how to do it

if some kind soul could put an example up of how to set up one of the buttons with LEDS i would really appreciate it. ideally i would like the top 2 rows to be red (if there is a hot cue) or no LED if no hot cues are loaded. for the loops i would like them to be on and green all of the time and for it to flash green when i select a loop so i know what size loop i am using.

sorry again if this is a really newb question!

I'm so sick of traktor! Since 4 hours I'm trying to map two different Midi-Output Modes to a Launchpad Button, but there's no way to achieve this. I already worked with modifiers, which send an output to bomes which than activates a timer for a new midi-message, in order to overcome Traktors Limits. The worst: Even the new Version (Traktor 2) forces you to work in this little preference window. I'm really annoyed!!!

My goal was to get reflect the new "Slot State" and the "Slot Mute/Unmute" on one single button:

Amber Color = Sample Slot Playing
    Green Color = Sample Slot Not Playing
    Red Color = Sample Slot Playing but Muted
    No Color = No Sample loaded

This would be perfect in conjunction with the midi-command "Sample Play". I nearly found a solution until I realized that the green color is only lightning when the sample slot is not unmuted before stoping it otherwise it remains amber.

Did someone managed to map two different Midi Outputs to a LED with different colors?

I do achieved to get proper feedback for the Hotcues and Loops, because I ticked the "blend" option in traktor and converted the different velocities of the output in bomes.