LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Just popping in to say I've been thinking of buying the launchpad for months now but this SETTLES IT!! Jesus I'm sooo o psyched!
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Student

Default launchpad

hi i can get the lights on but only amber do you know how to get them to change colors i cant get the controller range and midi range set up..do you have like the values it would be very helpfull..

Tech Wizard

great work man! I've been trying to find a great template for my launchpad, I just started messing around with it and traktor this week. I'm gonna try this out later.

Tech Wizard

Default launchpad

Hey nuk let me know how it goes.. i'm new to this game and haven't quite figuered it out..

thanks..

This is one of the best tools ever. I used a slightly modified version in both of these videos.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbrPAh__D0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exqqtUe7VXk

Tech Student

Hi Everybody,

with reference to lelmau-trakpad-2010.tsi for controlling Traktor Pro by Novation Launch I've to annunce the following:

Unfortunately at this moment I cannot give you the above.

Probably I lost it during an S.O. reinstallation:-(..
    ..anyway I'd have a back-up in somewhere at my studio. I'll go back next
    week and if i'll find it, i'll continue to share it with all of you want to test:-)

In the meanwhile try to post a message in this thread. I've
    already send the lelmau-trakpad-2010.tsi to various users. If you have
    fortune someone could read and give it to you.

Thanks!..and Much-Much Thanks to people have requested the .tsi and test it!! I hope it has been appreciated.

lelmau

does anyone have lelmau's tsi?

could they email it me please
    abovedat@gmail.com

cheers

I know this is an old thread, but for the people who are having problems in Traktor with the hotcue leds updating all at once when you load a song into a deck (it generates audio glitches because of the low-speed-usb it uses apparently), I made a mapping in Bome's Midi translator that delays every led outut for the hotcues with 300ms.

It doesn't completely solve the problem, but it sure works a lot better now.
    The audio glitches are substantially less hearable compared to when you normally load a song into a deck & all the hotcue-leds go on.

So:

1. Download this rar file (it contains the bome's midi translator file & a tsi file for traktor)

2. Install Midi-Yoke (it's free)

3. Install Bome's Midi translator (it's not free, but there are "other" ways to get it )

4. Delete all hotcue led-outputs you have for your launchpad in your existing mapping in Traktor.

5. Import the tsi file & in the device "Launchpad_Hotcue_Leds", select "none" for your Midi input & "Midi Yoke 1" for your Midi output

6. Open Bome's Midi Translator, open the .bmtp file included in the rar.

7. Select "Midi Yoke 1" as your Midi input & "Launchpad" as your Midi output on the top menu.

What it basicly does is:

When you load a song into a deck in Traktor, it sends all the hotcue-led-outputs to Midi Yoke 1. Bome's catches these signals and delays them all by 300ms. It then sends the delayed signals to your Launchpad. You'll see that when you load a song into a deck, the hotcues will be delayed as said before.

I'll say it again: It doesn't completely solve the problem since the Output messages in Traktor are still being sent at the same time, but it improves the glitch-problem substantially.

PS: The tsi file included only changes the led-outputs for the hotcues, it doesn't add any other mappings. So remember that you only delete the hotcue-outputs you already have!

PS2: The pads I choose for the hotcues are these, if you want them to light up somewhere else, you'll have to change the bome's file yourself. The leds for the hotcues light up FULL red for decks A & C and DIMMED red for decks B & D. I did this so you could see more easily what deck you're using on the LP. Again, if you want this in another color, just change it yourself

Last edited by Fraa; 09-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Tech Student

Just want to say thanks for all the contributions in this thread. I'm about to start playing around with my Launchpad that arrived today.

I recently purchased a copy of bomes midi translator in order to improve the functions of my novation launchpad. I'm using it as a interface for controlling the loops of Traktor. Here's the deal: I want to change the colors of the same button according to the hotcue state. For example: if I store a simple "cue" it should light up red and if I store a "loop" it should light up "green". Sadly Traktor doesnt know how to handle to MIDI-OUT messages which are targeting the same note.

After hours of pondering I found a solotion which breaks up the outgoing MIDI-Message "hotcue1 state" in two seperate Midi-Messages and reroute it to Traktor. From there the messages will be picked up from two "Modifier #1" In-Messages. One will change the "modifier#1" value to "1" (when the cue is stored) and the other one will change the "modifier#1" value to "0" (when the cue is deleted). Then there is another "Modifier#1" Out-Message which finally lights up the button according to the value (min = 12 / max = 15). This is only working up if the "hotcue state" is a "cue", so I repeated the steps if the "hotcue state" is a "loop".

Here's my problem: If I continue to map the messages like this there will be not enought Modifiers to reflect 8 hotcue states (not even 4 hotcue state), since every hotcue is consuming two Modifiers. Traktor only allow 8 Modifiers which are all global. As soon as I would store hotcue states on another deck, they would overwrite the old Modifier values.

Is there a solution which works with variables from Bomes or is there a logical error in my solution?

Here are the files:

Traktor's TSI: http://db.tt/Q5oa3Y6
    Bome's bmtp: http://db.tt/I089AqF

Here are the "midi range" values for the led options in traktor:

12 = off
    13 = red low
    14 = red mid
    15 = red high
    28 = green low
    44 = green mid
    60 = green high
    29 = amber low