Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NuBS View Post
    And lastly the Monitor State
    -Send Monitor State
    --Type of Controller: Button
    --Interaction Mode: Trigger
    --Assignment: Global
    --Invert: ON
    Hey, I'm trying the same thing, but how can you switch the interaction mode and type of controller for the send monitor state? Mine just go on LED output, no other options...

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    Hey man, I'm pasting a response that I made to someone else regarding this very subject. I've worked with the APC40 a lot, I know it really well at this point. The issue is because the unit itself sends a note off as you release the button. Here's the fix:

This is very simplified, I'm not sure how complex your mapping is, so this can affect different things but a little trial and error can sort it all out. Make an output command for the command you're using, same note # as the button, then click invert. Make sure these are set to the deck that's using them. Add a "send monitor state" input command (under "Global") also with the same note # and invert that as well. (The inversion means that the controller will update the led as you release the button rather than when you push it - the reason why it doesn't stay on normally is because the button is momentary, and it sends a note off message when released. The send monitor state command gets the led info from the software, rather than the controller). That should work. The tricky thing about using this command is that it is global, so any led that has an output assigned to it will change to reflect what state the software thinks it's in. You can refine the led behavior further by using modifiers, if you want. A little known trick, but VERY handy.
    this right here was the best thing I have read so far! I am trying to map my apc20 right now and you don't know what kind of a life saver this was!

sorry for bumping :X

Tech Guru

No prob dude, happy to help.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12