DJ Rafik - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    I was allways clued to my decks after watching those vids. Weeklong practise till i got it sounding correctly. So many crossfaders died under my hands
    i've killed loads of faders in my pursuit of it, but just can't get the co-ordination.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Check out DJ Enferno, who fuses dj'ing with live remixing.
    Lord Chilly decree's that you do what is written here.
    Assignment 50% complete ... this guy is nuts!

Mere Mortal MisterMoleyMole
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

did´nt enferno do the "live remix project"?
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i've killed loads of faders in my pursuit of it, but just can't get the co-ordination.
    I got it down pretty good now with the left hand on the deck and right hand on the XFader.

I can't do it with the other side tho.

Crab and Transform are the SHIZZ.

Finding ways to use it in Psytrance is killer too.

Obviously don;t have the control you do with vinyl (the VCI jog is waaayy to small) but you can get away with some scratches.

Still wanting the Pro X Fade in my VCI.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

One thing i've only really appreciated from this vid now i've tried it is the fusion of cue juggling and scratching in 'relative vinyl' mode..

It's really cool to be able to have one marker on your vinyl and cue it up simply by hitting a good old arcade button absolutely love now putting sample tracks together, it's a dope idea!

I also bet i'm really slow on the uptake here - but it was Rafik who introduced me to this idea (cheers dude..)

Also noticed the FX thing he does - is that a modified control, controlling beatmasher and gater simultaneously with one pot? or is that like a standard control on the X1?

To be honest, this has tempted me to get an X1 - although it would make a lot of my current setup fairly redundant - and i dont want to lost my arcades/ hack an X1 to pieces...

that said - an X1 with arcade buttons? if only there was more available real-estate on there... hmm..

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    One thing i've only really appreciated from this vid now i've tried it is the fusion of cue juggling and scratching in 'relative vinyl' mode..

It's really cool to be able to have one marker on your vinyl and cue it up simply by hitting a good old arcade button absolutely love now putting sample tracks together, it's a dope idea!

I also bet i'm really slow on the uptake here - but it was Rafik who introduced me to this idea (cheers dude..)
    So you always cue'd by hand? Looks better but what counts is what comes out of the speakers.
    You got it late but it's still better than never.

Also noticed the FX thing he does - is that a modified control, controlling beatmasher and gater simultaneously with one pot? or is that like a standard control on the X1?

To be honest, this has tempted me to get an X1 - although it would make a lot of my current setup fairly redundant - and i dont want to lost my arcades/ hack an X1 to pieces...

that said - an X1 with arcade buttons? if only there was more available real-estate on there... hmm..
    I bet it's modified. You don't need a X1 to use similar stuff. Maybe it's more straightforward, but you should maybe rather stay with your setup and improve it even further.
    What counts is mastering what you have and not having everything.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    So you always cue'd by hand?
    to be honest, i never really thought of how easy that is... and since scratching isnt a massive part of what i do at the moment, it's never been too much of a problem - but that makes it a lot easier - and to be honest, i'm clearly rubbish at picking up the massive hints given by NI - my bad!

What counts is mastering what you have and not having everything.
    +1 man especially on a student budget.. I controlled with an Oxygen for ages, and just recent added a VCI Arcade (massive investment..)

I loathe nothing more than people with absolutely ridiculous amounts of midi kit all bussed into their laptop just because theyv kept adding to their setup when the new nano product comes out for £50.. much more important to know what you've got inside out.

Plus the X1s a very boring bit of kit...

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    I loathe nothing more than people with absolutely ridiculous amounts of midi kit all bussed into their laptop just because theyv kept adding to their setup when the new nano product comes out for £50.. much more important to know what you've got inside out.
    You haven't looked at the setup picture thread recently?
    (Can't even clearly see nanoPad and LPD8 on this picture)

Last edited by Afterhour Ali; 12-12-2009 at 09:50 PM.

You haven't looked at the setup picture thread recently?
    [/IMG]
    at least (/i hope..) it's not all plugged in and mapped at the same time! that's just moving up in the world of controllers! (and showing off your old ones..)

it's this kinda thing..

(Sorry mate, whoever owns this - i'm sure you're a dood )

Lol, that's funny.
    He must be an octopus.

I'd never use more than 3 things.
    In a club environment space is very limited.

For our DjTechTools I'll however make sure there is more room than usual

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast