DJ Rafik - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Mixing to me is boring (in a sense).....i want to be able to do MORE.
    Watching a mix vid is boring if there is no flair.

So when i 'practice'....its a focus on FX...how to use them and working on fillers and more FLAIR. This gets used when i do sets. I don't need to practice to mix.

Sure, this is not for your DJ that plays lounge chilled tunes in the background...

This is for DJ's who like to showcase their talents....with a bit of FLAIR!
    you go to see for example carl cox and for example dj craze for different reasons; i wouldn't say one is more entertaining then the other just people they have different methods and styles of music.

to say controllerists/remashers/fxheads are the only ones playing and rocking out crowds with more then lounge music is simply not correct.

everyone should try straight mixing with only vol faders no eq just like it used to be when dj mixers didn't commonly have sep channel eqs.

likewise, everyone should try the controllerist, remasher side as well.

by doing this one gains respect for what the other is doing.

also to say you don't need any more practice mixing kinda cracks me up; i go a couple days without mixing and i feel like i am loosing my touch...every can improve on their mixing
    Last edited by charo; 12-11-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Fuck me for having the opinion that I don't find the video 'brilliant'.

The guy has got mad skills, yes.

I'm not denying that one bit.

He's a freaking DMC champion. I"m not taking any of that away from him.

I personally would have liked to have seen more. Like if he did this in a skate park, for instance.

Don't classify me as a 'hater' because I don't blindly swallow what NI (a company I truly respect and love and have given a lot of $ too) feeds me.

Here are some videos that I've loved from NI:
    The one of Spinna and Scratch (I think) tag-teaming with Traktor Scratch
    The one of Rafik taking Traktor Scratch Pro through it's paces
    The one where Richie shows his setup (T3)
    The skatepark

Those would be classified as 'brilliant' to me. The first two show the power of NI's timecode and soundcard...a direct comparison for Serato users to see what they are missing out on. The third shows just how in depth you can get with midi manipulation, even on T3. The fourth one...well...because it makes me laugh every time and reminds to take this shit light heartedly.

Hater? Hardly. Realist? Definitely.

Most of you think that I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy. That's where you're wrong. The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's twice the size it should be.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

My avatar says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Most of you think that I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy. That's where you're wrong. The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's twice the size it should be.
    love that phrase.

and my mum was blown away by the 'block rockin beats' one

end of the day it's just a fucking video, who cares who's entertained/not entertained, finds it brilliant/doesn't find it brilliant, thinks it was a good demo/doesn't think it was a good demo. let's all stop getting bent out of shape with each other about it

and just for clarifiction, enjoyed watching them, just wasn't that amazed by them - and i know it can't be a 'blow your bollocks off, techniclly complex' video as it's a demo. but i would like to see a live production/controllerism/turntalist hybrid video - that would be the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    these videos are made so that people think "yeah that looks like something i could learn to do" instead of "fuck ill never be that good"
    i've always thought that when watching turntablist vids

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I cannot believe this discussion is still going on strong. Who cares what equipment is used, after all its just MIDI. At least i dont care too much as long as i am entertained.

Iīm totally with Karlos on this one. As someone who does this kind of ish on a daily basis i am not very stoked. Itīs dope but could be 1000 times doper. Just like Eanīs Spot on the GT-Show. Its to show low-entry-possibilities. That the average-joe-dj could also do.

Watching Rafiks DMC performance, which he also emulated on traktor, i hope he comes up with another video where he puts tp through its paces and rocks it totally. As i also feel like in the discussed video he is holding back.

I even liked the clever&kraze demo a lot more. Even if they only scratch.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

i've always thought that when watching turntablist vids
    I was allways clued to my decks after watching those vids. Weeklong practise till i got it sounding correctly. So many crossfaders died under my hands
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Fuck me for having the opinion that I don't find the video 'brilliant'.

The guy has got mad skills, yes.

I'm not denying that one bit.

He's a freaking DMC champion. I"m not taking any of that away from him.

I personally would have liked to have seen more. Like if he did this in a skate park, for instance.

Don't classify me as a 'hater' because I don't blindly swallow what NI (a company I truly respect and love and have given a lot of $ too) feeds me.

Here are some videos that I've loved from NI:
    The one of Spinna and Scratch (I think) tag-teaming with Traktor Scratch
    The one of Rafik taking Traktor Scratch Pro through it's paces
    The one where Richie shows his setup (T3)
    The skatepark

Those would be classified as 'brilliant' to me. The first two show the power of NI's timecode and soundcard...a direct comparison for Serato users to see what they are missing out on. The third shows just how in depth you can get with midi manipulation, even on T3. The fourth one...well...because it makes me laugh every time and reminds to take this shit light heartedly.

Hater? Hardly. Realist? Definitely.

Word mate!

I hear ya....was just teasing with the hater bit.
    I don;t really think you a hater!

Its supposed to be fun yeah?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Word mate!

I hear ya....was just teasing with the hater bit.
    I don;t really think you a hater!

Its supposed to be fun yeah?

Word!

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    you go to see for example carl cox and for example dj craze for different reasons; i wouldn't say one is more entertaining then the other just people they have different methods and styles of music.

to say controllerists/remashers/fxheads are the only ones playing and rocking out crowds with more then lounge music is simply not correct.

everyone should try straight mixing with only vol faders no eq just like it used to be when dj mixers didn't commonly have sep channel eqs.

likewise, everyone should try the controllerist, remasher side as well.

by doing this one gains respect for what the other is doing.

also to say you don't need any more practice mixing kinda cracks me up; i go a couple days without mixing and i feel like i am loosing my touch...every can improve on their mixing
    Sure....but the mix part i have down.....i don;t have issue with it.

Its the rest that interests me. I want to take what i have been doing for 10 years....and do MORE!

CD mixing for 10 years.....boring.

I said IN A SENSE....it is boring to me....not totally mate.

There were loads of around too. Just shows i am having a rap.....not preaching to anyone.....far from it...

Have a good weekend ya'll
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Still can't believe people are wingin about the vid ha ha ha
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast