DJ Rafik - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Cricket blows.
    American Football isnt football. Its rugby but for girls with padded bras and crash helmets... Man up..!

Timmy: You offended my spank bank.

Sorry about that, I know the visual is probably going to give me nightmares myself having to search for that on Google....
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Tech Guru

I think its a deadly way of showcasing the hybrid controllerist/turntablist. I can't stand "vinyl purists" aka dinosaurs who throw a fit anytime new technology is brought into the picture. I'm not dissing anyone who sticks to one format but it's when they claim their format to be the end all be all and criticize anyone who doesn't believe the same thing. To me its just more exciting to see midi controllers along side turntables because midi controllers are so multifunctional and modifiable. Obviously anyone on this forum who watched that video knows how a midi controller functions but for the average joe to see this happen whether it be live or on video, they'll be blown away. They wouldn't get how it works but they'd be fascinated at how those 16 pads are making those sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Thanks ... You not got the time of day for me, a mere mortal lord chilly. This is the dj techtools forum not the NI one.

I think I get your "rant", its that they could sell it better but why does that bother you? Why not just enjoy the vid and recognise its brilliance?

I don't think the number one priority of the vid is to sell the mashine, as if it was they would have mashine in the title of the youtube vid, they don't its a traktor scratch pro promotion. You can do this with traktor scratch pro if you have similar controllers and ..... a frikkin uber creative mind.

Just don't get how there can be negativity about the vids when we don't see many vids of stuff like this.... Or are you not being negative, did I get you that wrong?
    I like that. Lord Chilly.

I guess since it's apparently difficult for some people to read between the lines of my rant/criticism I will try a different approach here:

Are they cool vids? Yes.

Do they show how you can use the Maschine and X1? Yes.

Do I believe that they are over the top with using Maschine as just a midi controller for juggling cuepoints? Yes.

Do I, as a member of this forum, think these videos are brilliant? No. That's not to say people aren't entitled to their opinions, no matter how off base they are.

Would I have liked to have seen more? Absolutely. Like what Lord Chilly? Thank you my mere mortals for asking...I'll begin by saying: Using Maschine to control the effects as well as cue points for instance. Or maybe playing some samples with Maschine, then switching it to a midi controller mode, then switching it back. All on one machine. Basically showing us how using the software piece of Maschine can integrate into a hip-hop dj's setup, not just Hawtin's.

And I would appreciate it if from now on you would keep referring to me as 'Lord Chilly' and you sign everything as Mere Mortal MisterMoleyMole.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    American Football isnt football. Its rugby but for girls with padded bras and crash helmets... Man up..!
    I was born in the wrong country.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Whatever dude...I'll take the girls, you can stay with the sweaty dudes.

OLE'!!!!!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

OLE'!!!!!
    Thats Spanish.

Thats Spanish.
    I know. So? I thought I'd take the hijack into a different direction altogether...

sums some of this thread up...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

lol
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast