DJ Rafik - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Although it's good one thread is enough for it.

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9474
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Although it's good one thread is enough for it.

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9474
    Well spotted! Merge this shizzle!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Rafik need a midi fighter
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

Can't believe i'm hearing moaning about these vids!

I bet it would be a different story if the roiutine was done using a vci-100 and a midi fighter!

If you arent impressed, what are you impressed with? your own skillz? show me a vid , someone elses skillz, show me a vid... don't just moan.

I think all 3 vids were brilliant yes i understand its a promo vid but its still amaaazin.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Guru

MisterMoleyMole: I think everybody is sufficiently impressed with the skills of DJ Rafik.

What people are not impressed with is the NI sales pitch. This routine did not show a single reason to buy NI's hardware products. Which is fine .. great to know that if we all had Rafik's skills .. we could produce stuff like that on our various existing (much cheaper) MIDI devices ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Can't believe i'm hearing moaning about these vids!

I bet it would be a different story if the roiutine was done using a vci-100 and a midi fighter!

If you arent impressed, what are you impressed with? your own skillz? show me a vid , someone elses skillz, show me a vid... don't just moan.

I think all 3 vids were brilliant yes i understand its a promo vid but its still amaaazin.
    *cautiously wades into the thread*

i think the main 'gripe' was that using the maschine was overkill for cue juggling, and maybe could've been put to better use? admittedly there wasn't really anything else there for that purpose, so he had no choice. but that's the complaint i'm reading.

i don't think anyone was really complaining about the routine itself, as such, but these days it is a bit, well, 'basic' - just another way of doing it at the end of the day.

on the 'i can do that with an arcade vci' side of things, it's, imo, a valid point. it wasn't showing any new technique or anything, so showing the kit off in that way won't seem anything special to some people.

that being said, it was still a good watch

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

so hes not using a VCI-100 SO WHAT
    He is not using an APC-40 SO WHAT

All I have to say is its a nice demonstration of digital DJing we all should be thrilled.

All this means is that as time progresses more, Digital Disc Jockeys will be seen in a better light...

I always believe is that its not all about what format is better than the other old school / new school, but what every different technique can bring to the table.

Let the Digital Revolution Fucking Continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

i can't find the original comment that sparked me to go back and watch it all again, but some said something about him holding the x1 down while using, which could be a sign of it being lightweight or not suited to a battering during performance?

anyway, when he's twiddling the knobs he's holding a button down aswell, or floating his finger near it ready to push it, in the majority case

SoundCloud

But what NI have just done is shown that the mashine is more than just a production tool and can be used in live performances to do pretty cool stuff. At the end of the day its what comes out not how it was done. What i heard come out was pretty damn cool!

In my eyes they have done what they intended and got people talking about how cool it was ... "what did they use?... oh the mashine!" "shit best go buy one!!" Job done!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    But what NI have just done is shown that the mashine is more than just a production tool and can be used in live performances to do pretty cool stuff.
    pretty sure it can be with it's 'normal' software too, and in some ways that would've been better

SoundCloud

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast