DJ Rafik - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

I don't think I was clear.

I have Maschine. I think it's pretty badass...but to use it as a straight up midi controller WHILE YOU HAVE AN X1 (or something else) is really overkill!!

Amen to that Chilly!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Default Why i think buying the Maschine was the best buy ever!

I know Ean goes on about the arcade buttons for hitting cue points, i've tried both and the arcade buttons don't even come close to the speed of the Maschine pads!

Heres a vid from NI of DMC champ mafik(i think?) using the maschine with their New X1, its nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bap...layer_embedded

Yeah, surely we all got the NI newsletter? These videos are sick!. Beatmasher and gater combo is nice!!!

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...e-tricknology/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

that is a sick azz video. there are a ton of techniques that would be great for any dj. fx, cue points, cross fader, - awesome

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Demonstrations always seem to be overkill.
    I had to find a way to properly present NS7, OmniControl and the MPC1000 at once.

You still tend to use one device over the other or leave one out of it for a while.

He could've shown more on the X1 though, because it's fresh.

Besides that his juggling was awesome <3
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Guru

well most the routine could've been done with any other midi controller that has knobs and pads, so what appealed to me most about the video was the combination of turntablism with controllerism using the traktorpro software.

i think rafik did a good job of showing the strengths of the software combined with hardware, even if using both the kontrol-1 and maschine was a bit on the redundant side.

the domain of digital turntablism seems to be dominated by Serato users, so it's always nice to see traktor used for styles other than standard EDM.

that's a pretty cool video but could could someone more N.I. knowledgeable then me please explain is there something going on deeper then using the maschine essentially midi mapped to cuepoints?

i guess i don't see how the maschine in this use is different then using a much less expensive 4X4 pad controller, like mpd24.

i would like to if there is and i'm just not aware of it
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i think rafik did a good job of showing the strengths of the software combined with hardware, even if using both the kontrol-1 and maschine was a bit on the redundant side.

the domain of digital turntablism seems to be dominated by Serato users, so it's always nice to see traktor used for styles other than standard EDM.
    I have to agree here, the three videos (yes, there are 3) were a demonstration of what can be done with... NI equipment. Its a marketing ploy, shocker. Said company wants to profit by demonstrating a pro using the equipment. With that said, I'm always happy to see some turntabilists show their skills in a different light.

Of couse, I'm sold (in the fact that I suck compared to Rafik, which I can handle ... and I need traktor when it fully supports the NS7).

Tech Mentor

In those videos, no. The maschine is just a midi controller used to trigger cue points. It does come with it's own software which can be used for production type stuff, I believe, but it isn't being used as such in these vids.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast