pair of monitors under 500$ - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What about these:

http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--MDOBX8A

Heard them at the music store the other day. They were quite impressive.

cheers,

forget about those & check out these:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul0...sonrudicon.htm

not best lookinŽ but 4sho best soundinŽ in this price-range ... worth checkin!

I would either go for a set of Mackie MR5, Fostex PM04 or some Genelecs

As that these do not taint your mix(as the earlier mentioned KRKs will do for you), and won't get you robbing your bank to get sufficient funds.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

No offense to anyone using KRK's in here... in fact I have them in my one studio, and I really don't like them. Make sure you have the VXT series, all the others are not so great, i mean you get what you pay for... right? The VXTs are good (8" or 6"), I just really don't like KRK's low end.

I suggest going to a store and listening to really decide for yourself. It really all boils down to your preference. Once you train your ear to you monitors you will be able to make music with them properly...

Yamaha makes some great monitors that may be in your range. I am a fan of Mackies... I know they are out of your price range, but Behringer makes some really nice knockoffs of Makie's. Their best Truth series 8" would be in your price range and i think you will find the sound to be alot better than the KRK series of monitors... I am not kidding, i have compared both against eachother, and the Behringer's sounded way better than the VXTs from KRK. I started out on the Behringers, and we had the KRK VXT8's mathed up on them and the behringers were better, but i think they won't last you as long... all depends
    Last edited by LanceBlaise; 12-31-2009 at 03:05 AM.

I think the Truths, especially the new ones, are great.

But coming back on the Mackie MR5s, they are about €144,- each. That wouldn't set you back as far as you'd expect.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I think the Truths, especially the new ones, are great.

But coming back on the Mackie MR5s, they are about €144,- each. That wouldn't set you back as far as you'd expect.
    Right, the Truth monitors are knock offs of Mackie HR824 MK2... and in the US those run you at least $500 per monitor...

Tech Mentor

M audio bx8as I have friends who go the big name brand but they are better quality for the money

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Right, the Truth monitors are knock offs of Mackie HR824 MK2... and in the US those run you at least $500 per monitor...
    WOW! Did not know that. :eek:

(Huge fanboy of the Mackie HR624 here. )

Tech Mentor

Hey thanks for all those recommendations.

Here in Mexico it's difficult to find all the models. And buying through ebay is a no no because of ridicule shipping prices.

I have a close friend with the maudio bx8as and he swears on them. I don't really trust maudio anyway..

I will def take a look at those behringuers!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    I know they are out of your price range, but Behringer makes some really nice knockoffs of Makie's. Their best Truth series 8" would be in your price range and i think you will find the sound to be alot better than the KRK series of monitors... I am not kidding, i have compared both against eachother, and the Behringer's sounded way better than the VXTs from KRK. I started out on the Behringers, and we had the KRK VXT8's mathed up on them and the behringers were better, but i think they won't last you as long... all depends
    Lance you mean the truth B2031A ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast