pair of monitors under 500$
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default pair of monitors under 500$

Any recommendations for that price range?

I'm thinking of getting a pair of used krk rp6/rp8...

Thanks

i've got the krk rp6's and they are wicked for production, watching movies, playing games, djing, everything!

Wholehearted recommend them.

here's some tracks I produced on them if you wanna have a listen.

You can download them all here: http://www.last.fm/music/RumbleJazz/...subtype=tracks

Another note, if you are worried about bass response, if you have a good room, these should be fine. Some people say you need 8" woofers to mix bass properly. But i know plenty of people on 6" that are fine

Tech Wizard

I'd recommend going to a music store and listening to some monitors. Worth more than anything else!

Rumblejazz, that tracks you have there are really nice.
    Especially liked "Get a Mango On". Great sample usage, awesome tune. Keep up the good work!

Cheers man

You've made me day. I will it keep it up,

You might like this too then http://www.drop.io/djttprev

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    i've got the krk rp6's and they are wicked for production, watching movies, playing games, djing, everything!

Wholehearted recommend them.

here's some tracks I produced on them if you wanna have a listen.

You can download them all here: http://www.last.fm/music/RumbleJazz/...subtype=tracks
    Yeah I had the rp5 and had to sell them because I moved from Spain to Mexico. I was really happy with those. So the 6'' woofer should be even better!

Do you have the g2 version or the first version? I had the first version, and I'd like to know if there's an improvement or it's just marketing gimmick.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tobert View Post
    I'd recommend going to a music store and listening to some monitors. Worth more than anything else!
    There are a few problems with that...

1) music stores don't usually have a proper listening room. The room is half of the sound...

2) I'm in Mexico and the options for buying here are very limited... so I'll go the ebay route based on recommendations and reviews. It's risky, but it's much cheaper.

Hey man, I've got the G2's in white, I got them with a discount new, they look pretty fricken rude in my opinion! A friend of mine has the original version RP8's and they are great speakers and still look great too. If you can find a second hand pair of RP6's version one of two they should be fine.
    5" speakers by all accounts need a subwoofer to get those sub-bass frequencies accurate.

Hope that helps

great great great

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    5" speakers by all accounts need a subwoofer to get those sub-bass frequencies accurate.
    it's even more important to have a good room. If you don't have a good geometry, bass traps, diffusers, etc, it's a bad idea imo to have a sub. It only adds mud in the low end.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast