Beat gridding? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beat gridding?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This has come up for me, Flaek. If you don't have Ableton, like I don't, then I'd say go to where the beat drops and put down another grid point. You'd probably want a cue point there anyways for your own reference.

If you have Ableton then do what Bento said cause, well, he's right :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Idealy if your track tempo isnt constant and only swings a small hardly noticable ammount you can put the song though Abletons beatwarping system before saving it and loading it up in Traktor again. This time around it will have a constant tempo and will be way more mixable.

The drawbacks of using multiple beatmarks is that it will eat up all your precious precious precious cue points Also you can get a much tighter grid in Ableton as you will be able to place as many beat marks as you need. Just export the file when your done in Ableton and your good to go in Traktor

Also id love to know what kind of music you are having problems beatgriding.
    Ok. I do have Ableton, on another computer tough (how to spell...). But I dont know the beatwarping feature. Where do I find it?

I can live with fewer cue points i these few tracks. So maybe I should just do as I have already done.

The kind of music giving me trouble is many different genres. Old school house, Big beat and also new school techno - the german kind

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    If you have Ableton then do what Bento said cause, well, he's right :-)
    Heh, yeah well. If it is not to much af a hazzel, having to switch between computer and all.

Its all where the wav form is for the clip your looking at.
    Do a search on youtube for ableton beatwarping for some tutorials

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I have some old school terror-trance (what I like to call it) and there are some HUGE breaks in the middle... on putting in the theme from Space: 2001 and everything, so the beat kinda does get lost for a bit

The hip-hop I can't help with, but I know there are techno and house tracks that have some rather dramatic tempo changes. You can warp them, but that might lose the energy that it naturally creates.

It comes down to your preference, in the end. I would find out what the tempo is, note it in the comments, and just manually beatmatch it with the next track. OR, I'd have two copies of the song, one gridded for the slow, one gridded for the fast, and go from there :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thank you guys for your sugestions. I will tjeck out the beatwarping method, and probably go with it, if it issent to much of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Also you can get a much tighter grid in Ableton as you will be able to place as many beat marks as you need. Just export the file when your done in Ableton and your good to go in Traktor

hi bento,

I too, find that you can get a much tighter grid using ableton. Do you do this with all your music?

-bring into ableton for gridding/warping
    -export file as aiff.

might be a lil off topic on gridding, but do you convert your aiff back to mp3?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Laws View Post
    hi bento,

I too, find that you can get a much tighter grid using ableton. Do you do this with all your music?

-bring into ableton for gridding/warping
    -export file as aiff.

might be a lil off topic on gridding, but do you convert your aiff back to mp3?
    Only music that doesnt fit to a grid naturally.

and yes that is very off topic and no i dont

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234