Beat gridding? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beat gridding?

Ok DvlsAdvct. I will have a go at it again tomorow, since european time is Bed-time right now...

Untill then, you have been a big help. Thank you very much

I will probably be returning...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I hope you do :-) We are here to help and all
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    One thing that you may want to try, which is something I have to do on some song with long middle atmospheric parts (thus losing the tempo). Is when the grid gets a little to off. Switch to vinyl mode, then lay down another grid at the first bass beat where the previous grid got messed up.

Just remember that you have 2 grids. A quick temp sync can make the song keep going very smothly. Hopefully that all makes since.
    I have had that happen on a rare few of odd tracks, also, but if this is happening over and over.. he is probably messing around too much with the grid and moving it away from being right in the first place. i think i did that a couple of times b4 i realized that most of the time i could just set the grid on the first major downbeat and leave it alone.

of course, i dont mind having a grid go off occassionally, cuz then i get to dust off the ol' pitch fader

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I hope you do :-) We are here to help and all
    Ok - I think I got it working now. I place a Cue on the first snare, dont lock it and select grid in the dropdown menu in the cue box/window. After that I only use the bottom pair of arrows in the BPM window (adjusting the BPM). And finaly Write File Tag to track.

That sounds good?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    Ok - I think I got it working now. I place a Cue on the first snare, dont lock it and select grid in the dropdown menu in the cue box/window. After that I only use the bottom pair of arrows in the BPM window (adjusting the BPM). And finaly Write File Tag to track.

That sounds good?
    Write the file tag only when the song ISNT on the deck, otherwise it wont save the tags for that deck.

that sounds right. Did it work, though?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Didn't take the time to read all this; but it can also come down to the type of songs you're trying to beatgrid. hypothetically saying it might be that DvlsAdvct doesn't really understand your problem, because he beatgrids other types of song, with a vast beatline.

The problem you mention simply describes trying to beatgrid a song which got beatline interruptions, like some chill part in between that breaks loose from the normal beatgrid. I hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    Didn't take the time to read all this; but it can also come down to the type of songs you're trying to beatgrid. hypothetically saying it might be that DvlsAdvct doesn't really understand your problem, because he beatgrids other types of song, with a vast beatline.

The problem you mention simply describes trying to beatgrid a song which got beatline interruptions, like some chill part in between that breaks loose from the normal beatgrid. I hope this makes sense
    I read the entire post and i think DvlsAdvct is offering the right advice for this instance.

While yes, long breaks can change tempo and all, that is one problem. What he's describing, to me, is incorrect beat gridding (which we all have to get through to be able to fly through them). If the track is changing tempo then the grid should at least stay solid until a certain point, where that tempo changes. At that, dropping a second grid after the break (pending the tempo goes back to normal) should fix it as well.

We'll see :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Write the file tag only when the song ISNT on the deck, otherwise it wont save the tags for that deck.
    So what your saying is that I need to load another song in the deck, before writing the filetag?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast