Looking for advice on where to begin with controllers and which software you use. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have an AMX and I like it. Serato isn't much different than Traktor, but if you're at all focused on more in-depth effects or remix tracks it's not going to be a good option. The AMX will teach you basic mixer controls (as keithace) mentioned, and it can serve as mixer with two inputs. As long as it's plugged in, you can access Serato too, so there's no need to buy a separate license (unless you want DVS)

Tech Convert

Cheers! I do want more in depth stuff, that's why i was asking about Live. There is also the option of a F1/X1 as i already have th Z1. I think i should try them before investing. What are the pros and cons of a couple of X1s? I know the modular route costs more but i'd be unlikely to expand beyond that. Another option seems to be the S2 and X1.

All i'm thinking is i'm much more experienced with these types of controllers, i've barely used jogwheels. I am into the performance stuff as well. Remix decks i'm not sure about.

I won't be doing mash-ups or scratching fwiw, i'd only use jogs for cueing tracks. I've been using Eans method of using load markers to cue the track i'm mixing in, this is where i want something hands on in terms of browsing, loading and preparing tracks to mix live.

Thanks.

Tech Convert

I was thinking how i'd integrate the S2 with my existing setup then it hit me; i use the Z1 with my headphone amp nested a the back of my desk and bring it out when i need it so i'd have to figure something out there cause i couldn't keep the S2 on the desk all the time unless i keep the Z1 of course.

Been checking out a few mixes with the S2 and i like what i'm seeing so far, it would definitely give me all i need to mix right now and i can expand later. A couple of X1s also has alot of appeal though but i'm gonna deeper into the options, still undecided!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12