Richie Hawtin - Traktor Setup - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Isn't Trakker instead of the Traktor file browser?
    I thought it was an independent program, until i just investigated further - turns out it implements itself into Traktor, which is pretty nifty. Given that i think i will give it a go tonight.

Either way i still wanna know how i can make the playlist disappear altogether, its taking up valuable screen real-estate when i am not using it :\
    Hopefully Trakker will allow me to do this *goes off to install it*.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Is there a way of getting rid of the Traktor playlist altogether? That would be more ideal, especially if your using Trakker, have a smaller resolution or porting your audio into Ableton.

Anyone who can tell me how gets 5 midi messages
    It seems that it can only be done in windowed mode. Just uncheck the show browser from the layout options behind the right click.

Edit: I take that one back. It works in full screen mode and in windowed mode with custom size window, but not when you are in windowed mode and double click the title bar to set the window to cover the whole screen.
    Last edited by Aanrii; 09-05-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Just worked that out as you posted, but thanks heaps !
    As it turns that also works as part of the different layouts, which is just friggen awesome !
    Now when selecting tunes i can have the decks go small and the browser appear, then after putting a song on a deck the file browser can reappear. This is going to work absolutely awesome with Ableton.

Just worked that out as you posted, but thanks heaps !
    As it turns that also works as part of the different layouts, which is just friggen awesome !
    Now when selecting tunes i can have the decks go small and the browser appear, then after putting a song on a deck the file browser can reappear. This is going to work absolutely awesome with Ableton.
    does that mean u will have ableton up on the bottom half of your screen - for, at least, some of the time? sounds interesting. post a screen shot? or vid?

Quote Originally Posted by aiden View Post
    does that mean u will have ableton up on the bottom half of your screen - for, at least, some of the time? sounds interesting. post a screen shot? or vid?
    Ill write up an article about this trick and show a couple print screens of what it looks like and how to do it I really think its worth mentioning as its a great little trick that's so easy to do !

cool. looking forward to it.

To me it was like the first thing to come to my mind, that i have to have the both windows visible during mixing. Still waiting for that 17" laptop, sigh.

Ill write up an article about this trick and show a couple print screens of what it looks like and how to do it I really think its worth mentioning as its a great little trick that's so easy to do !
    Still planning on doing this article?

Now that we are on the subject (and totally of topic) an articel describing the idea of incorporating Ableton and Traktor would be fantastic. It seems like a lot of us (including my self) are interestet in the idea, but are having a hard time figuring out whats what.

Some people just have too much to do in too little time.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #1
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #2
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #3 ... etc

So you just assign the "Window Layout #N" command to the same key you use for "Deck Load Selected". You then customise the layouts so that Layout#1 is your default working view and Layout#N is your "lots of files in view, minimized decks" view. Add another a key, like space, that you think of as your "open the file browser files" key that swaps to Layout#N and you're done.
    Any of you guys know how to open the Track collection tree through at hotkey? I cant seem to find any commant in the list that does this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast