Richie Hawtin - Traktor Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hey all, in the double macro vid you see that the browser list expands (and the decks collapse) when he goes in search mode...does anyone know where I can assign that function to a hotkey in the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Boyku View Post
    Hey all, in the double macro vid you see that the browser list expands (and the decks collapse) when he goes in search mode...does anyone know where I can assign that function to a hotkey in the settings?
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #1
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #2
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #3 ... etc

So you just assign the "Window Layout #N" command to the same key you use for "Deck Load Selected". You then customise the layouts so that Layout#1 is your default working view and Layout#N is your "lots of files in view, minimized decks" view. Add another a key, like space, that you think of as your "open the file browser files" key that swaps to Layout#N and you're done.

To use:

Press space to look for files, scroll to a file, hit the Deck Load button for the deck you want to load and it swaps back to the default view.

Simple.
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 09-04-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4nT1 View Post
    Summary: I don't really have a good solution yet. Organize by date into folders. Try to keep on top of the collection by reviewing old stuff. Embedded cover images would help, but the online music industry is a bit broken.

Tech Mentor

my music is organised by: artist\date - release\tracknumber( - artist if VA) - title

when I am playing though I tend to sort my music by BPM since it seems to help with defining the mood and pace...

album art would make a big difference too I recon.. one area where traktor is crap

I'm having trouble too with hitting the sync button and the tracks jump out of time. Not sure what is the correct way to keep the tunes in time. The pitch control is a joke to me on the vci and traktor. I guess because I am still used to working a 1200 pitch control.

Any advice on this topic?
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    Format: Indie DJ, Electro House, Dubstep, DnB, House
    www.urban-fabric.net
    www.twitter.com/urbanfabricfm

any hawtin fans out there seen this in action? I've never been a big fan of his(although i am a little bit converted after this), so i havent seen him live. i'm wondering how often he really needs the 4 decks.. i guess with minimal it would be more common... im still working on mixing 2 decks and throwing a sample or loop on C :\

Props to him, though, for making it a little bit easier on all of us budding syncjockers ..ok ok, controllerists

is the double macro ran in traktor or something third party?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Summary: I don't really have a good solution yet. Organize by date into folders. Try to keep on top of the collection by reviewing old stuff. Embedded cover images would help, but the online music industry is a bit broken.
    I am looking into Trakker, might want to try that one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #1
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #2
    Add/Window/Layout/Window Layout #3 ... etc

So you just assign the "Window Layout #N" command to the same key you use for "Deck Load Selected". You then customise the layouts so that Layout#1 is your default working view and Layout#N is your "lots of files in view, minimized decks" view. Add another a key, like space, that you think of as your "open the file browser files" key that swaps to Layout#N and you're done.

To use:

Press space to look for files, scroll to a file, hit the Deck Load button for the deck you want to load and it swaps back to the default view.

Simple.
    thanks a lot! I got a much better view now when I go in search mode

Is there a way of getting rid of the Traktor playlist altogether? That would be more ideal, especially if your using Trakker, have a smaller resolution or porting your audio into Ableton.

Anyone who can tell me how gets 5 midi messages

Isn't Trakker instead of the Traktor file browser?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast