Traktor Pro Mapping for TouchOsc via Osculator - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Convert

cheveli - glad you like, thanks! :-)

Tech Convert

Thanks for the template. im a bit of a noob, why does the cue button in touchosc always return me to the beginning of a song no matter where my cue points are?

Tech Convert

Hi Elquinto - I assume you are talking about TOSC layouts from ipad-dj.net or touch-control.com??

The red cue button is similar to pressing the cue button next to the play button in Traktor. It returns to the cue point you were last stopped at in a track (often where the play marker is when you loaded the track).

It's different from the cue point triggers - the markers you set as different cue points through a track. On my layouts you will find these numbered, usually beneath the loop buttons.

I have a new v2.0 layout available as a free beta here - bit.ly/ci6DwF - that has a page just for large loop and cue buttons, alongside a choice of 5 mixer layout types and other new pages. See screengrabs here: http://bit.ly/cp8rLC

The beta download link will be live until the weekend. Fill your boots

Tech Convert

Hey noeluk, I'm using pooks' touchosc template for the iphone he posted on the first page of this thread. Is there a way to change the cue point thats triggered by the cue button next to play? b/c the touchosc layout's cue button always takes me back to the beginning of the song. Thanks in advance!

Tech Convert

Hi elquinto

Sorry, I got confused with which template you were using :-)

I wouldn't want to mess with Pooks' fine work. You may want to DM Pooks to ask direct.

But… if you wanted to change the function of a button, here's a quick way…

1 - With your OSCulator file open and running, press the button and look for a green light in the left columns of OSCulator. This will be the message activated by that button. Make a note of the Midi CC value and channel number.

2 - in Traktor go > preferences > controller manager > and bring up the iPhone's .tsi file. Click on the top of the 'Mapped to' column to arrange everything in order and scroll down to the midi value you noted above. Look at what this is controlling. If you are sure you DON'T need this function, then delete it.

3 - Go > Add In > Cue/Loops > Set/select cue & store; click 'learn' and press your iPhone button. De-select 'learn'.

4 - set 'type of control' as a button, 'interaction': hold; 'assignment' will determine which deck it controls (device target being which ever is Traktor's focus deck); 'value' at the bottom should be the number of the cue point you want to trigger.

Hope that helps.

And, *Pooks*, hope you don't mind the above. Same goes for anyone wanting to customise my layouts :-) Just beware that messing with mappings can lead to trouble!

Tech Convert

hey noeluk,

thanks for the helpful advice, but i already knew how to midilearn with touchosc and traktor. maybe i'm just not understanding how to change the 1st cue point. I know how to set more than 1 cue point and they work as expected, but the 1st cue point is always stuck at the beginning of the song.

Tech Convert

Hi again

Hmmm… right, apologies in advance if this sound really patronising again, because you obviously know what you're doing but try this:

1 - delete your first cue point, the one that is at the beginning of the track. (trigger it, then hit the trash can button)

2 - find the point in the track you want to be Cue No 1.

3 - try pressing the 'cue' transport button next to the play button…

4 - …then hit store or Cue No 1, which should turn blue.

Any joy?

Tech Convert

@ noeluk
    That did it! As far as touchosc goes, I've used it a lot with Ableton, but this is my first time with traktor. So thanks a lot for getting me started!

Tech Convert

Glad I could help . Was a bit worried I was teaching you to such eggs.

Try the free beta linked above and let us know which mixer you prefer.

Tech Convert

does it work on an iphone? unfortunately i don't own an ipad. i wish they'd just start making touchscreen laptops already.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast