How much of the music you have, you actually purchased? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B.C.Ninja View Post
    Hahahaha, well you're all breaking the law, I think it plainly states on the back of any cd or vinyl that "unauthorised public performance is prohibited", .
    Not if the Venue has a license to play music (in UK anyway).
    PRS License permits DJs to play copyrighted music.

Quote Originally Posted by B.C.Ninja View Post
    Hahahaha, well you're all breaking the law, I think it plainly states on the back of any cd or vinyl that "unauthorised public performance is prohibited"
    forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't that in some way covered by the clubs licence?

edit; oops, didn't go to next page and see karlos post

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    oops, didn't go to next page
    But we were on the same page mentally mate

Interesting debate goin on here, up to 2 years ago, I could also have boasted that 100% of my collection was infact "legal". But various factors in Greece have basically forced me, and I'll explain what I mean, to go illegit in some respects.
    1. Most of the record Shops (Vinyl) dont bring the good stuff just most of the mainstream shit that plays on the radio. A lot of the record shops I used to buy from have closed down or stopped dealing in my kind of music, whichputs a big damper on things.
    2. Beatport and their rather unacceptable territorial restrictions, where tracks you want to get your hands on arent allowed in your country until theyve been completely milked by radion stations and cheap radio friendly Jocks who mysteriously obtain the tracks.
    I dont own a credit card (much to my relief lately) which makes it difficult to get records from outside greece. So I resort to the most obvious method/tactic get that release from somewhere and buy it on vinyl at the first opportunity. It's something that leaves me feeling dirty, and I dont like it at all, but between making it damn hard to get tracks locally and online and the extortionate prices (sometimes dollar to euro conversion by changing the symbol) its one of the few choices I have. It's hard enough to keep my software legit, and many of my mates and co workers think I'm a sucker for shelling out whenever I can. Bottom line, I'm not by any means legit (25-30% of my collection i have yet to obtain legally) but hell I'm not taking it lying down, so to all the producers on the forum, I may have a few of your tracks I havent paid for YET, but thats mainly because they more often than not dont make it here, I will be getting the releases as soon as I can though... thats my two cents. Maybe the labels and online retailers should make it a little easier to buy their wares??? not necessarily price but availability would be nice. Beatport I'm, looking right at you
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456