How much of the music you have, you actually purchased? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

not gonna get properly involved in this debate as it will go round in circle, but to answer the question...

of the 583 tracks in my 'dj library' there's only 10 at the most i haven't paid for, mainly because i couldn't find them through legit means. then another 20 or so (at most) that i bought on vinyl ages ago (which all got sold a year or so back), and then found via non legit means because i wasn't gonna pay twice for them. best exmple is the josh wink/public enemy mash-up - literally had to hack it from an embedded player, but i paid £10 for it 5 years ago on vinyl.

as for my media player library, 98% minimum has been paid for. the other 2 again couldn't be found through proper channels, like the 'Grey Album' by dangermouse

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Im approaching 2300 downloads on Beatport, and something like 600 on Audio Jelly. I enjoy getting good sound quality rather than shitty vinyl rips/set rips/poor audio quality for free. The rest I get on promo from the radio station I work for.

Tech Convert

Default I Buy.

In the last two years I have spent $500 bucks, between AudioJelly, DjDownloads, and Beatport. More from Audio Jelly and Djdownloads now then beatport. Oh and Territory restrictions suck, but that never made me pirate, just make a friend in the other country, or ask me I have a cousin in Munich, and a old childhood friend in England (If you do ask me be ready for a two week wait)

We get territory restrictions down here. Just use ip hider and you are good. My pc is in eindhoven atm.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

the music industry is slowly learning to deal with piracy and P2P, as they know there's nothing that can be done to stop it. that's why many record labels are seeking money in music publishing, live shows, merch, etc-- alternative revenue streams

I get all my music really cheap from a DJ pool and never have to steal anything. the one I use in Canada called zipdj is licensed by the AVLA

To the thread poster....you have a few valid points but where do you come off telling who can call themselves a DJ? And I realize that I personally am not exactly a techtools veteran or a regular with all 30 some odd posts but....You have posted 50 respones on DJTT and you think you can rant about your pet peeve to the people who run this site and slander the several probably way more experience and skilled DJs then yourself, and the people who come here often and have come here often for a long time and get good results? Dude thats noobtastic. Mad weak. Again im not one of the guys who would really hold your post count against you as i dont have many either but its not really the number thats important (a number is a number; not saying their like points or anything but,) the number represents how much a part of this community you really are. Basically what're doing in this sense is COMING INTO SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE AND SHITTING ON THEIR CARPET. :P :P :P
    Last edited by Phormula1.8T; 12-02-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: grammar
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Quote Originally Posted by usdm View Post
    (and while you there learn how to mix ).
    Lolol who are you talking to?
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Quote Originally Posted by Phormula1.8T View Post
    To the thread poster....you have a few valid points but where do you come off telling who can call themselves a DJ? And I realize that I personally am not exactly a techtools veteran or a regular with all 30 some odd posts but....You have posted 50 respones on DJTT and you think you can rant about your pet peeve to the people who run this site and slander the several probably way more experience and skilled DJs then yourself, and the people who come here often and have come here often for a long time and get good results? Dude thats noobtastic. Mad weak. Again im not one of the guys who would really hold your post count against you as i dont have many either but its not really the number thats important (a number is a number; not saying their like points or anything but,) the number represents how much a part of this community you really are. Basically what're doing in this sense is COMING INTO SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE AND SHITTING ON THEIR CARPET. :P :P :P
    well ur right it´s not the number that count´s! even if this was just his 1 post he has the right to complain about sumfin...the only mistake he made was a confusing headline and some harsh words...i have over 700 posts...does that actually make me a better dj? nope. i could suck in the booth while that guy with his 50 posts is in business since 1860. and it takes a lot more than the stuff he wrote to make us hippies feel pissed.
    u all can come into our house and shit on our carpet as long it is constructive shit!!! LOVE
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I agree, my only point with the posts was to show how it represents that you can't be a visitor such as myself or him and come in here like you run the damn place. Didn't mean for it to sound like post war of whos got more golden stars in kindergarten
    Durty Harry

1860!? nice one panda
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast