How much of the music you have, you actually purchased? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    Don't blame technology or big businesses for killing scenes, blame people for wanting to experience new things instead of the same old shit day in day out. Blame innovation, Blame creativity, Blame your grandma, Blame your dog - at the end of the day it doesn't matter who foots the bill because it's just part of life pal.
    well said indeed.

this isnt very djtt friendly. just a bad rant. i buy as much as i can but i also use blogs. does that make me a shitty dj?

side note: most of the indie dance i listen is on blogs. producers/djs will post their tracks on blogs as well as beatport.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

There doing something considered socially acceptable, bashing people you don't know cause your belief of acceptable, i think that's considered riding a high horse named ignorance.. hahah

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    please don't take me to be a grammar snob.
    I wasnt.

I know what a fallacy is. I know what logical means. I didnt understand what a Logical Fallacy is. Still dont. Doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    .I didnt understand what a Logical Fallacy is
    i dont understand your confusion. http://www.logicalfallacies.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Doesnt matter.
    agreed
    Last edited by sm00sh; 11-29-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Fallacy, i thought you said fellatio, no matter. Anyway i have about a $10k collection of music in the shelves, 15 years of collecting, but am no saint in regards to mp3's. I Use creative commons net labels and psyshop mainly these days (brother uses the CD and i do a rip for traktor), as we have a good "base" collection and i just want quality now, not 5000 bits of cheese. Actually over the last month i've done a big cleanout and have deleted over 1000 tunes from the collection feels goood
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

As a teenager I probably brought about 5 % of the music I had, I had no money and no real taste. Those HDDs have long since died...

These days I will only pirate something I cant get because of territory restrictions.

If someone gives me a bunch of tunes Ill take them, listen to them and buy what I like, other than that they go in the trash when I clean up my desktop.
    Last edited by midifidler; 11-29-2009 at 06:36 PM.

as a teenager i bought tapes!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

I'll pirate CDs I can't find in stores, and I pirate new music all the time. Pirating music is the easiest way to get access to a lot of new songs without much effort.

That being said, I still buy all the music I use to DJ, and any music I especially like even if I don't DJ with it. If I don't like it, I delete it.

And @Karlos: I don't think USDM is on a high horse because he buys music. Hell, I buy music too. However, his stance towards people who download music and his tone does qualify him for "High Horse" status.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Mentor

I pirate TONS of music. For that reason, the amount of music I own versus how much I've acquired otherwise is rather small in comparison.

But I still buy records every week, I'm at my fav. record store every Thursday when they get their shipment. I definitely own more music than the average person, that's for sure.

Ethically, I don't have a problem with any of it. Without piracy so many artists or even whole genres wouldn't be known. I don't understand why you sound so angry haha, but I still see your point.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast