Mixing with iPads - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Just to be precise: Djay or DJ Player?
    Algoriddim Djay

I didn't think DJay could be mapped at all, and only supported built in mappings for various fisher price iPad controllers. iOS DJing could be a thing once the software is there for it, especially now Apple are selling a powered USB adapter dongle for lightning that lets you charge while using it.
    Its not a documented feature, but basically you can just add mappings via itunes document sharing.

http://community.algoriddim.com/algo..._learn_on_ipad

Power has honestly been a Non-Issue for me, with a powered Hub, DJay running and Wifi (for Spotify) I get around 8 hours dj running time - and thats on a 4 year old iPad Mini !

Just gotta be sure you have all notifications tuned off !

Seems like a lot of work to map an iPad even if it is possible
    Its VERY easy and alot of controllers are pre-mapped for the desktop version for Djay, so all you need to do is drop the mapping into itunes sharing.
    Last edited by deevey; 07-09-2016 at 08:30 PM.

I just DJed a party for 2 hours on Saturday night.

DJay Pro and that's it.

I can beatmix by sight and looking at the waveforms.

I brought it just in case the party needed a dance floor and it worked out.

how many times is she going to spin back tracks? yeesh...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by crewjvm View Post
    Just to be precise: Djay or DJ Player?
    because not suport in djay
    Read my post above. I already clarified that Djay DOES work with unsupported midi controllers.

I use Djay every day with an iPad mini and Vestax VCI100 Mk2, so yes I'm 100% sure it works and like a dream.

Its an undocumented feature where you can use iTunes document sharing which allows you to use mappings you create in the desktop version of Djay or Djay pro.

*controller must be core audio/core midi compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Read my post above. I already clarified that Djay DOES work with unsupported midi controllers.

I use Djay every day with an iPad mini and Vestax VCI100 Mk2, so yes I'm 100% sure it works and like a dream.

Its an undocumented feature where you can use iTunes document sharing which allows you to use mappings you create in the desktop version of Djay or Djay pro.

*controller must be core audio/core midi compliant.
    so I've realized that djay pro for Mac supports many Midi controllers. Can I then just take an bundled mapping from the Mac version and just copy it to my iPad to use the same controllers there (as long as they are class compliant)? Or does this only work for unsupported controllers where I make a new mapping?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Works both ways

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Works both ways
    Just an FYI

If you want to edit a mapping for an existing controller, you can also manually extract everything from the .ipa installer, remove old controller mappings, rezip and send your new re-map via iTunes sharing

Secondly, I'm surprised theres been zero mention of the Reloop Mixon Controller whatsoever on DJTT

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-mixon-4

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Looks pretty neat but I'm not a big fan of the lack of inputs on the back and small pitch controls but you are saving $200 over a Pioneer equivalent.

I might have a go at making a DDJ-RX map for it just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Carr View Post
    I really like the look of the mixion but it's 2016, I thought we were beyond short throw pitch faders.
    Unfortunately the trend by alot of companies seems to be "its 2016, I think we're beyond manual beatmatching. Why not take those things out"

Theres better controllers out there that work really well with an iPad with some mapping know how, only place where the Mixon seems to edge out is with the "I'll never use an Apple Product" people and those who want official mapping support.

I really hope that more companies follow suit with decent tablet software/hardware integration - theres more than enough horsepower in a tablet these days and very little you cant do with Djay or DJ player.

Hell DJay even does 4k/60 video mixing alongside your DJ set across 4 channels with effects and harmonic mixing and record the whole lot!

Nuts when you consider plenty of desktops and laptops from just a few years back chug with just 4k playback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12