VCI-100SE 2_5 bug reports - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Fix for Traktor Scratch users possible since version 1.2.3

Since version 1.2.3 of Traktor is out, I found a way to improve compatibility between VCI-100SE mappings and the use of Timecode control on the same track.

Current behavior is that the track suddenly spins forward quickly as you touch the jog wheel while timecode mode is enabled on the deck. Then you have to manually disable and re-enable scratch control mode so as to be able to scratch with the timecode. You can't let this happen during a live set!

Latest 1.2.3 release of Traktor Pro adds the ability to control switching in internal, relative or absolute modes through MIDI.

Considering the VCI's jog wheel is touch sensitive, you just have to add a message for the jog of each deck to set the mode to internal when touching the jog:
    - add a "PlayBack Mode" message,
    - select "Button" as type of control with "Hold" or "Direct" mode
    - click learn while touching it, stop learn before removing your finger.

The final behavior will be that, instead of making a spinning noise everytime you touch the jog, it will just switch in internal mode and scratch with the jog. Then you can just hit the relative or absolute button to go back to timecode controlled scratch.

The only thing I couldn't implement is to make it switch back to relative mode when I get my finger out of the jog wheel. It just doesn't work as I expect, if anybody can help me on this...

I've attached my modified 2.5 VCI-SE mappings export, the two last messages added at the end of the midi-mappings are my only modifications. Those only fix deck A and B for now.

I'd love to see that improved and implemented into future VCI-100SE mappings!
    Last edited by dros; 12-21-2009 at 05:06 AM.

Tech Mentor

just a quick one guys.i've followed the tutorial vids to set it all up but am getting more than 1 thing happening when moving knobs and the like e,g when i turn the fader efx on it is controlling the master volume aswell.also efx knobs are doing the same.any advice? vista home,traktor 1.2 demo,

Tech Wizard

Make sure that you have the vci midi in and out selected for the vci on the mappings page and that you don't have any other mappings setup that have All as their midi in and out.
    Last edited by Pooks; 12-25-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    www.myspace.com/pookidoll
    Macbook Pro 10.6.4,VCI-100SE,
    FM1.4,Mapping 3.6.3,Arduinome,Traktor Pro 1.2.6,AudioDJ 2 My Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    just a quick one guys.i've followed the tutorial vids to set it all up but am getting more than 1 thing happening when moving knobs and the like e,g when i turn the fader efx on it is controlling the master volume aswell.also efx knobs are doing the same.any advice? vista home,traktor 1.2 demo,
    after restarting a few times everything seems to be ok.

hi all,

my first post here.. i only use the vci100 since a few days now and still try to sort out some beginner issues. so iīm not too sure whether this is a bug or just cause of wrong handling:
    When trying to scroll through folders and playlists, pressing "shift plus button up/down" closes the browser full screen view and does only scroll the crates/folders shown on top (donīt know the exact name for them.. starting with % dope tracks in the standard settings..).

Any ideas? Thx

best, max

P.S.: Great work DJTT! Love your stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by maxi.million View Post
    hi all,

my first post here.. i only use the vci100 since a few days now and still try to sort out some beginner issues. so iīm not too sure whether this is a bug or just cause of wrong handling:
    When trying to scroll through folders and playlists, pressing "shift plus button up/down" closes the browser full screen view and does only scroll the crates/folders shown on top (donīt know the exact name for them.. starting with % dope tracks in the standard settings..).

yes- that is the standard behavior. It was either folders or crates so we chose crates

Thanks ean!
    I was following the old tutorial vid and thought it still reacts the same in 2.5.

I already face a new difference:
    if scratch mode is turned off, the jog wheels do not act like a cd player jog, but is only good for pitch bending functions/is turned off.

Am i too blind or is there really no new video for 2.5?

Maybe this is not the right thread for this, but when will the 2.5 overlays be available again?
    ..Just an idea: why donīt you sell a version with cutouts only for the plates? The middle part would then be open for own creations.

Before I forget it again:
    mac os x 10.5.8
    traktor 1.2.3
    vci 100 firmware 1.2

all the way from bavaria/germany: max

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by maxi.million View Post
    Thanks ean!

I already face a new difference:
    if scratch mode is turned off, the jog wheels do not act like a cd player jog, but is only good for pitch bending functions/is turned off.

Am i too blind or is there really no new video for 2.5?
    all the way from bavaria/germany: max
    Shoot me a PM with the exact problem in German - maybe i can help.

Greetings from munich
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

* Operating system - osx snow leopard & windows XP
    * Version of Traktor - 1.2.1
    * Firmware Version - newly upgraded !.3

Well I Updated to Firmware 1.3 all good and then...

I imported the new TSI for traktor Pro. And Basically 90% of the buttons do not do what they are supposed to there are random things that blow out the screen to for decks. Basically to many issues to list think that pretty much everything aside from the hi mids and lows is wacked out.

I have no idea what to do lol
    aside from trying to map my own.

Help !! THanks!

Mike

Tech Wizard

Remove all your midi maps from TP. Reload the traktor tsi from DJTT and make sure you import all the settings and make sure that when you setup the vci only assign the vsi midi in and out, don't leave the in and out on all.
    www.myspace.com/pookidoll
    Macbook Pro 10.6.4,VCI-100SE,
    FM1.4,Mapping 3.6.3,Arduinome,Traktor Pro 1.2.6,AudioDJ 2 My Soundcloud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast