problems with vci 100 se
    Tech Wizard

Default problems with vci 100 se

hi all,just got traktor pro there today but on my vci 100 se with 1.3 firmware all ready built into it,im still having troubles with performance modes buttons(deck c/d,fader,juggle) on the top right hand corner of the vci as they still operate the volume gains.
    im just wondering have i got traktor pro installed properly as it is coming up on the main page as traktor pro?
    All ideas welcome all.CHEERS

Are your ports set? In Preferences, click Controller Mappings, choose VCI from the drop down menu and then set the In and Out Ports to Vestax.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

Not sure if im in the right section in preferences,but on mine its controller manager yes?i cant see any vestax listed on any drop down in this page.On the device listed is generic keyboard.Is this were the problem is

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you downloaded and installed the latest mapping? It's under the big picture of the overlay.

http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/

Use the big import on the bottom of the preferences pane. Do it a couple of times and restart Traktor a couple of times afterwards. It's a big file and Traktor has to have a couple tries to digest it. Then set your in and out ports like Phil said.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

ye i never downloaded a map.Does it make a difference what map i use for vci because of the overlay on it?

You have to download the mapping and load it into Traktor so it knows what to do when you press a certain button on the controller.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

but is there not different maps for the different overlays you get for your vci?i want to make sure i download the right map.

Tech Wizard

ok when i went to save the map it saved it in win rar.do i have to save that to traktor or what do i do now????????

Double click that file and it will unzip it, usually to the folder it originally saved it in. Open Traktor and then open your preferences pane. Go to controller manager and then click on the big import button. navigate to the file you unzipped and select it. Do that twice. closing Traktor each time, select Vestax in your in/out ports in the controller manager section of your preferences.

While your navigating folders on your computer go to the Native Instruments or Traktor folder and open the owners manual. All of this info is in there and it will go a long way to teaching you how to use the software.
    Chris Jennings FHP