TPro 1.2 and Ohm64 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

we are 3 dj's which are testing/working with this layout. so far (after some minor changes) this tsi is the one that is the safest to use, has the best workflow for us and is easy to memorize.
    we also made as you can see at the picture a simple layout to have an optical feedback.

Awesome trhead - I'm going to try both of your layouts out and compare them to mine! It's nice to finally see people working with the OPhm64 and posting templates - I felt like the only person doing it. Combining efforts would be a real treat, cause I'm sure that I can learn from your methods. I'll post my tsi shortly after a bit of sleep (which I've had none of this evening due to a long session of mashing buttons and tweaking my control layout

Tech Convert

I finally received my ohm64 today, and this tsi is my starting point.

I'm also eager to collaborate.

I am currently using Traktor Pro 1.2.4 on a MacbookPro running OS 10.6.2.

Within minutes I was able to use the tsi from the OP, and only had to use the "learn" function inside traktor to add the x-fader control (had to invert it) to get the basic mixer controls (minus kills, which will be one of the first things I change)
    Last edited by adelord; 02-04-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by chakktheripper View Post
    (not every modifier use is described due to the limited space in the picture)
    you might find these easier to draw you setting onto than the eps version of this file that livid provides:

larger version:
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3...m64overlay.png

smaller version:

I printed out the larger one to experiment with.

Btw, if any of you guys are on google wave that might be a convient medium for collaborating on variants of tsi files. If so, I am this same name @googlewave.com
    Last edited by adelord; 02-05-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Hey Adelord,

Thanks for the layout which will actually be really helpful. I'm in the process of really working out a great mapping, since it actually is a funny and inspiring thing to do.

I recently whipped out my Kaoss Pad KP1 and connect it with the Ohm. Even though I'm not gonna use it since it is very limited when it comes to midi, it has been a very inspiring lesson. I realized having all the effect-possibilities per deck really is too much effects for it to be useful (for me that is). So I've decided to reserve a block of 4x4 plus 2 knobs for the complete effect package, making it simple and very hands on.

Anyway, When i'm done with it I'll post the TSI here.

I'm pretty new to google wave, have an invite but haven't messed around with it. If it will actually add something, i'm there under the same name.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

attached you'll find my new basic mapping for the ohm64. This based on the factory settings of the ohm64, so no fancy footwork has been done in the editor.

I call this basic because - apart from pitch assignments - all the neccessary functions are mapped, making this a proper mapping to start making your own with.

After the advice of Chakk I started remapping everything vertically which indeed makes everything much more logical.

I kept the mixer functions on the left side dedicated to the faders and the knobs. There's one shift button, which is placed on the right side of the cross fader. pressing this will give many buttons a second function. conrcerning the mixer portion; it will give the prelisten buttons a sync function for that deck.

I've cut the grid in half, making the first 4 columns on the left deck-specific functions. From top to bottom these functions are:

standard - shift

cue 4 - delete cue 4
    cue 3 - delete cue 3
    cue 2 - delete cue 2
    cue 1 - delete cue 1
    cup - play/pause
    drop - tempo bend up
    cue - tempo bend down
    navigate

Pressing the navigate button of a deck allows you to scroll through the track using the crossfader. Holding the button on the left side of the crossfader makes this scrolling fine. This way you can have some selection control with the absence of jog wheels.

on the right side of the grid I've used the upper 4 rows of the columns. The first rows shoots deck A to D in an 8 loop. Holding shift it shoots into a 32 loop.
    The second row decides the functionality of the buttons and faders on the right bottom of the ohm64. from right to left it's: loop mode, fx unit 2, fx unit 1. the 4th button from the right toggles between advanced or chained mode of the selected fx unit.
    The third row turns on fx unit 1 for the decks A to D (from left to right).
    The forth row turns on fx unit 2 for the decks A to D (from left to right).

The rest of the grid (16 buttons in the downright corner) are empty and can be used for FX presets and quantize modes or whatever you seem fit.

The selection part is the same as the original post; all placed on the top right part. The knobs on the right have a filter function for the decks and when the livid logo is pressed they control the volume settings.

I hope this will help some people in making their own mapping!
    Last edited by Michielygil; 02-28-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

@ Michielygil

Do you have an image of your new mapping? I'm looking into getting an OHM64 and think the last one you posted sounds nice as a starting point.

Thanks.

Tech Student

pete from livid here - glad you guys are getting this stuff out there! I did a mapping, details here:
    http://blog.lividinstruments.com/201...tor-dj-heaven/
    One mystery is that some people seem to be unable to load it - it just comes up blank. I contacted NI's support, they had no problems with it. Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12