TPro 1.2 and Ohm64
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TPro 1.2 and Ohm64

Hi,

After playing with the ohm64 for a while I came up with this mapping for Tpro 1.2.
    I really like not having too many functions mapped to one button, which the ohm64 facilitates.

This is a 4 deck mapping with internal mixer. I've based this on the basic configuration of the ohm, without using the editor. (cause basically, the editor sucks)

Even though this mapping uses all 8 modifiers, it still comes down to only 2 "shift" buttons: 1 global shift button and 1 shift button per deck.
    All shift buttons have a hold-behaviour.

Deck A-D are mapped in the center part, with 16 buttons per deck. So every deck holds 2 bars.

When no shift buttons are on, these are the basic controls:

When the global shift is pressed it gives these functions:

Where the deck buttons get repeated all the way down.

When there's no deck shift button pressed, every deck has these functions:

And when the deck shift button is pressed per deck, it has these functions:

Plus, when the deckshift is pressed, the sliders on the right of the ohm turn into FX incr/dec for that deck. I've got 1 fx unit mapped per deck.

Even though it might look like it's not much mapping going on, it actually gives me all the functionality and flexibility I need and contains quite some smart mapping too.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Just ordered an akai apc40....wish I never, now iv seen this...
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

thx for sharing !! i'll try it as soon as i receive my ohm64 (should be this or next week )

Cool! I won't be the only anymore around here using the Ohm!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

And, did you recieve your Ohm? How do you like it so far?

well .. it took a little longer but today i received my "christmas" present !! looks and feels absolutely amazing .. now i start playing around .. i'll write my feedbacks soon ;o)

i tested your version but i was not pleased with the button handling. so i made my own tsi file: row 1-4 (3 knobs + 1 fader + 1 button) is the same like yours (same with the effect section on the right). the main difference is with the button matrix in the middle. i split this in two halfs. the left half has 4 rows and each row is dedicated to one deck. same with the right half (but different functions). i liked your solution for browsing very much so i took this mostly (f1-f6). if you are interested in my tsi, i can send it to you (but i don't have a description for the whole functionality so far).

with your tsi i always had to concentrate to switch between the row allignment for the volume, hi/mid/low, and so on and then the line allignment of the decks in the middle (button 1-64).

yeah, the button layout is something that takes getting used to i suppose. I did paint the ohm to make sure i can find the deck-shift-button right away, cutting the rows in deck controls on the left and effect controls on the right.

mapping the decks vertical could very well be a better solution. But where did you put the cue points? (assuming you use them)

I'm very curious to find out how you've done your mapping and learn from it, so if you could post your tsi, that would be very cool!

here is the tsi file + a very brief layout description (not every modifier use is described due to the limited space in the picture)

maybe you can use some ideas from as .. as we could use some ideas from you )

about your question how i use cue points -> i play only minimal musik, so i only use cue points to mark a start position or so. no need for me to jump instantly to cue points while mixing.

thanks for the tsi and the description. Funny to see you use it in a totally different way as I do. Your suggestions already got me excited over the weekend, making the decks vertically. In fact, i'm trying to work on 4 vertical decks and a clever way of having a seperate effect section and stuff. I really feel I need to give it some serious thought before maping it, like i did last time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast