Audio 2 or Audio 4 ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I got my Audio 2 the other day, and whilst it was much smaller than I imagined it to be it is awesome! Its just a really simple, nice looking piece of kit that works really well and for a great pice!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    If you are just using the VCI and you never want to control Traktor with turntables then buy the Audio 2.
    I have one and its awesome and i guarantee you wont regret it. Its very cheap. A little bit small and plasticy so you have to take care of it but its all you will need for your VCI.

If you think that in the future you may want to use timecode then you will have to get an Audio 4 or 8 cus the Audio2 cannot be used with timecode.

The quality of sound is the same with both the 2 and the 4.

Hope that helps
    What he said ^^

It really comes down to the fact that if you want to use timecode vinyl or not

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I agree with all the agreeing.
    I'm going to have to disagree with that.

But seriously, unless you're planning on mixing externally or getting a timecode setup, the Audio 2 is the way to go.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    What he said ^^
    What he said ^^ about what i said. Id agree with that. No more , no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with that.
    Lets agree to disagree about that. Agreed ?

Tech Guru

My Audio 2 randomly gave up on me two nights ago when I was playing at a gig! Thought it was a problem with the mixer board in the club, but now the LED in the front don't even turn on so it's totally f'ed up. Luckily I had my DJ IO on me for back up.... But now I'm really upset about it and waiting for a response from the support team on the net....

Thats my experience with it, Im probally the minority tho
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    My Audio 2 randomly gave up on me two nights ago when I was playing at a gig! Thought it was a problem with the mixer board in the club, but now the LED in the front don't even turn on so it's totally f'ed up. Luckily I had my DJ IO on me for back up.... But now I'm really upset about it and waiting for a response from the support team on the net....

Thats my experience with it, Im probally the minority tho

First time hearing a problem with the audio 2...can you post the reason why it broke down on you if you get a response back from NI?

I DISAGREE !!!

I'd buy a Audio 4 DJ cause you can upgrade for just 120 dollars (99€) from Traktor 3 LE (that comes with it) to Traktor Pro. So, if you want Traktor Pro anyway, its nearly the same prize of a Audio 2 + Traktor Pro and you have a better, solid build card with more features
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Tech Guru

only that audio 2 dj also includes traktor le, so your point is moot.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Default Re: Audio 2 or Audio 4 ?

I would say to get the audio 4 if you going to be playing at alot if gig at a skate park. :-P

But for reals (east la talk) if you got the cash, get the audio 4 just in case you need to upgrade in the future to timecodes
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Well I went to my local dj shop today and there was an audio 2 there(actually 2 but whocares). Tried looking around the box for anything that mentions that it comes bundled with traktor le but I didn't find anything on the box that said it does? So for those of you who had bought the audio 2 does it really come with a traktor le code?!?! Might buy one reeeeaaaalll soon that's why.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast