Hercules RMX - Traktor Pro 1.2(with controls for 4 decks, 4 FX banks, Fader FX Mode) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Student

Hey I just loaded this up, and have barely had a chance to look at what kind of stuff you have set up. However, right off the bat I've got the weirdest problem. CC 11, the play/pause key, isn't firing at all, though 12 and 13 are fine (the CUE and stop.) Seems like your mapping's set up just fine for it, but it just won't activate. Problem's the same on the other side of the deck with CC 35.

I also just tested my old mapping (as I just updated to 1.2.1) and it seems to run the play/pause just fine.

I'll get you some feedback about the scratch and FX modes when I have a chance to figure them out, but right now I'm trying to fix the play/pause mapping.

edit: I just realized it's because 1.2 lets two mappings overlap that I couldn't use CC11 or CC35 correctly. Also, I don't know if it was intentional, but when in FX mode, the jog wheel on the left is only set to on when turning counter-clockwise, diminishing the effect. Makes for some wacky build-downs, but maybe not what you intended.

otherwise a fun map. thanks
    Last edited by nedarb; 05-27-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Tech Student

Where can I find an image of your layout for what buttons do which functions?

Dude, thank you! Its so nice to know there are people who care about beginners, or people who just plain can't afford a VCI!

@ djrsun
    Look on the every first page. There's an explanation (with a video of what i tried to copy) and a picture of Hercules RMX. All the buttons/inputs/pots are all labeled according to the midi signal they spit out. My explanation take that into account (it could be written better but, meh).

Default Xcellent

Uncle...i could never get 1.6 and 1.5 to work ....just 1.2....but months later now ive got trak 1.2.4 they work fine so today is my first mess about with em......and i thought id let u know....they are top notch m8....Thanks and keep it up......GeeBeeH

Tech Convert

Hi everybody, I am kind of a newbie in this dj world Ive never mapped anything by myself (people did it for me...) I'm mixing with traktor pro 1.2.4 and a standard mapping for the rmx and I was looking for a new mapping to controls the effects better. Yours seem very interesting but I just don't know how to set it in traktor if anyone have a link that shows how you to put this mapping in traktor I would be very thankful.

Peace

in windows going to "file > controller manager > import" (import btn is right at the bottom) lets you select/load any tsi. it will wipe any settings you currently have setup (which i guess is what you want anyway) so you could always do an "export" from that page .

from that page you can also do "Add.. > Import" (Add... is near the top) to add new settings to what you currently have without wiping the existing ones.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Hi I'd like to ask you: how did you set the source buttons as modifiers? If I try to do it they work for traktor as modifiers but the buttons continue to work also as a source changer and it switch to the external input source, so I get my deck muted. I'm afraid this is an hardware feature, I own an MK4.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by chikosneff View Post
    Hi I'd like to ask you: how did you set the source buttons as modifiers? If I try to do it they work for traktor as modifiers but the buttons continue to work also as a source changer and it switch to the external input source, so I get my deck muted. I'm afraid this is an hardware feature, I own an MK4.
    Thank you!
    see what other controls are mapped to the button. the controller is only sending out midi ofc so should be possible to remove the mute/unmute function. internally it could well be that the controller reroutes the local input to it's output tho? if so then you can make the controller do what u need but not if you are also using the soundcard in the mk4. i have a mk2 and have never really tried to map those buttons.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    see what other controls are mapped to the button. the controller is only sending out midi ofc so should be possible to remove the mute/unmute function. internally it could well be that the controller reroutes the local input to it's output tho? if so then you can make the controller do what u need but not if you are also using the soundcard in the mk4. i have a mk2 and have never really tried to map those buttons.
    There is no mapping overlap, as I'm using the internal sound card it should be the latter you said. I will use something else as modifier! Thank you!

OT:
    are you happy with the LPD8?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast