Hercules RMX - Traktor Pro 1.2(with controls for 4 decks, 4 FX banks, Fader FX Mode) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Il give ya maps a whirl right now m8

Tech Student

tsi no its complet.......
    Last edited by Meteor; 03-02-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Tech Convert liveperformerz(trini)'s Avatar

waz up my friend
    my god your mapping iz wicked . I dont have any issues with any thing so far so hats off to u 4 a good job
    looking foward to the new config you are working on

RESPECT

hey try this file out and let me know what you think. jog wheel are now scratch wheels.. I'm not sure what that will do to your cueing but let me know.

Tech Convert liveperformerz(trini)'s Avatar

kool bro
    get back to u on it asap

Default Steel vs RMX mapping - similar?

I'm looking at a Herc Steel at the moment, would this mapping work (mainly) on that controller? The only one I can find on the web sucks, has multiple(bad) interconnections between controllers and looks like it's going t take ages to debug it.

Are the controllers very different? or would your mapping be a better starting point?

Thanks for your help

The MIDI configuration is pretty much the same (beside the obvious differences) between the two consoles, so you should be good.
    The Phat One

Hi DJ Phatso,

Have you got a picture of your mapping - showing what does what? and, (sorry for bugging you) what are the major differences between the Steel and the RMX apart from the integrated audio, i.e. what buttons are missing / present? from what I've found out the RMX has less buttons than the steel?

Thanks for your help.

Hi DJ Phatso,

The only difference I can see is that the Steel has "shift" buttons instead of "source" buttons on the RMX and the RMX has no "Apply Control on" deck selector.

So the only questions I need to answer to use your mapping is - what does the "Apply Ctrl on" selector do on the Steel (in midi terms) / what should I have it set at so it doesn't interfere with your mapping

Thanks again.

If you look at the end of the document included with the MIDI profile, you'll see that the APPLY CTRL button is simply a shift function for the 2 top encoders: in the DECK A positions, they send CC 65 & CC 66, CC 69 & CC 70 in SELECT position, and CC 67 & CC68 in DECK B position.

As for the rest of the controls, everything that is common to both consoles have the same MIDI assignment (transport, EQ, faders, etc). The major difference are the encoders and the FX/Loop which are doubled because of the SHIFT buttons.

So let's say you try this 4 deck mapping, simply leave the SHIFT buttons OFF, and you'll have exactly the same configuration as if you had an Rmx.

As for my personal mapping, it,s noting fancy. Since I use loops more than anything, I simply remapped all the numpads buttons to trigger cue points. The rest is pretty much the default Hercules mapping.
    The Phat One

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast