Akai LPD8 and Traktor Pro(All-in-one controls) - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Make sure when you are loading the presets in the LPD8 Editor that Traktor is closed. I usually commit upload every time I load a Preset. Also be sure you are switching banks before loading the next preset. Other than that without more info as what works/doesn't can't offer more advice.

What Operating System are you using? The presets have successfully been unzipped?
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Student

I'm running Windows 7. As I said I know Traktor needs to be closed when using or even just opening the LPD8 editor and I have been switching banks before loading each corresponding preset and committing & uploading it. The only preset that seems to load as it should is preset one, after that all the presets appear to have the same note # and cc # values as the 1st preset. So after loading preset 1 and opening traktor to see "what works", the pads adjust deck volume, the x fader, and some EQ parameters while the knobs control play/pause, sync and key lock. Again I have had no trouble loading my own presets or presets others have made for ableton and other DAW software as well as DJ software but these presets seem to not be functioning properly for me; even after re-downloading multiple times and trying different unpacking software. I'm officially frustrated/stumped and have begun just making my own mapping. Thanks for the effort though.

Tech Mentor

I could take screenshots of the setting for the presets and you could set them up manually so you don't have to remap everything yourself. Let me know if you want me to do that. I could get those to you later tonight.

The only other thing I can think of if running the editor with Admin Privileges.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Student

Screenshots would be awesome, thank you. And I ran the LPD8 Editor as an admin to no avail, still getting identical mapping for all 4 presets. Thanks for the speedy response and I look forward to checking out those screenshots when I get home from work. Thanks again!

Tech Mentor

Took a little longer than expected but here are all the preset settings.

Tech Convert

Default Preset settings?

I Tried using your mappings. But it won't work just right. I have traktorpro 1.2.4 . Does it not work for this version? I followed all the instructions and i've been trying to get this to work for the past 4-5 hours. This is exactly what i did..

1) Downloaded the presets from you (on this thread on page 1)
    2) Loaded it onto LPD8 Editor (each preset 1,2,3,4)
    3) I saved it the preset
    4) Confirmed it ( Upload sucessful! green button)
    5) OPENING UP traktor pro (yes, it was closed before)
    6) Imported LPD8-for-DJTT-v-1-2.tsi

Now it's game time! All i want is preset program #2!
    So i go on that channel. I press PROGRAM and press PAD#2

Turning knob #5,6,7,8 works!
    Pressing pads 5,6,7,8 ! works!

pressing 1,2,3,4, NO!! =[
    Turning knob 1,2,3,4 doesn't work! NO! =[

So basicailly the left side of my Control Effects can be activated.

But my right side of the deck... no luck!

So i'm guessing it doesnt work with TraktorPro1.2.4? Please save me.

P.S.
    According to your screen shots, those preset settings look the same...
    Is it suppose to look the same? because my preloaded settings are way off compared to the screen shots.

I appreciate you putting time for us! You da man!

Tech Wizard

hello there!just got my LDP8 today,and still building a costumized preset...
    is it possible to use the button "prog chng" as we do with "CC" button?traktor Midi Learn doesn't detect any messages...I could have 3 different functions to the pads in the same "Program"...
    thank you.
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y3
    MB BlackE2008 C2D 2.2ghz 4GB WD500GB + OSX 10.7.4 + Stanton SCS.1m + Stanton SCS.1d + Virtual DJ 8 : Traktor Pro 2.6 + Audio 2 DJ + VCI-100 mk1.4

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pARtybOy View Post
    hello there!just got my LDP8 today,and still building a costumized preset...
    is it possible to use the button "prog chng" as we do with "CC" button?traktor Midi Learn doesn't detect any messages...I could have 3 different functions to the pads in the same "Program"...
    thank you.
    The Prog Chng doesn't receive or send midi so we cannot do anything with it.

Tech Wizard

right.I hope Traktor 2 can read those messages,I bought this gear spec. for the sample deck...
    Thanks for the fast reply svensat!
    regards.
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y
    http://soundcloud.com/partyb0y3
    MB BlackE2008 C2D 2.2ghz 4GB WD500GB + OSX 10.7.4 + Stanton SCS.1m + Stanton SCS.1d + Virtual DJ 8 : Traktor Pro 2.6 + Audio 2 DJ + VCI-100 mk1.4

Tech Student

Thanks, though I wasnt able to use any of your files uploaded for some reason (probably firmware incompatability issues), this whole post helped me understand how to use the LPD 8. This is my first controller where I have to manually map everything myself. though its a bit tedious and time consuming it is well worth it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast