Akai LPD8 and Traktor Pro(All-in-one controls) - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Tech Student

Hey Guys.

As far as I understand you need to have Traktor Pro, otherwise you cannot import the .tsi file, donīt you?
    At the moment i only have got Traktor LE (going to upgrade it in a few days anyways) but i want to test my new LPD8.

Is there any way to use the All-in-One Mapping, even though you canīt import the file into the controller manager?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Kitsune; 09-21-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    Hey Guys.

As far as I understand you need to have Traktor Pro, otherwise you cannot import the .tsi file, donīt you?
    At the moment i only have got Traktor LE (going to upgrade it in a few days anyways) but i want to test my new LPD8.

Is there any way to use the All-in-One Mapping, even though you canīt import the file into the controller manager?

Thank you!
    Correct this mapping will only work with Traktor Pro. The only way I can think of getting this to work on LE is if you map it yourself or someone maps it in Traktor LE. You should be able to use Native Instruments TSI Viewer to get the view more specifics about the mapping if you wish to replicate it yourself.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by svensat View Post
    In the .zip file there is one folder called Presets and within that folder there should be four files Preset 1, Preset 2, Preset 3, and Preset 4respectively for the each program bank.
    Hmmm... Maybe something wrong with my PC or Winrar, but here what I have in this Archive

Only one perset so far, so I can`t upload it in Akai Soft.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by XFX View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe something wrong with my PC or Winrar

Only one perset so far, so I can`t upload it in Akai Soft.
    It may be a problem with Winrar. I am at work on a Mac and everything was there. You could maybe try using 7zip and open source archiving program which can extract zip files:

http://www.7-zip.org/
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Convert

Yeap... Tnx, it works now! You should click twice on this Preset file (using the 7z) to see 4 Presets for each bank.

Tech Mentor

Hi, i'm having trouble loading the presets, but none of the previous answers seem to apply.

Using a Mac...after hitting load, I select the preset, then "commit"...nothing seems to save except for the latest one I have loaded. am I doing anything wrong?

do i have to convert the files to something else?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rami View Post
    Hi, i'm having trouble loading the presets, but none of the previous answers seem to apply.

Using a Mac...after hitting load, I select the preset, then "commit"...nothing seems to save except for the latest one I have loaded. am I doing anything wrong?

do i have to convert the files to something else?

Make sure you change the Preset # in the top right before loading the preset for the respective bank. If that's not the problem. I'm not sure what to say.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by svensat View Post
    Make sure you change the Preset # in the top right before loading the preset for the respective bank. If that's not the problem. I'm not sure what to say.
    I have been. Should there be a "done" message after committing?

Hey just want to say thanks, this has been really useful for me!

Tech Student

So I have attempted to map the presets following all the instructions given and am still getting the same cc values for all knobs and pads across presets 1-4. In other words when I change the preset field on the editor then go to upload the corresponding preset none of the values change for presets 2-4. I know to close traktor when using the editor and have been successful in uploading my own mappings but have had no luck uploading these presets. I use winrar but also attempted using 7zip and not only did it not work as intended but the files won't even extract, whether I try to use the extract button or drag and drop. Loading the .tsi file works fine in Traktor but I am stumped on these presets. Any help on how to load them or a file/response containing the CC values for all pads and knobs, so I could just map it myself, would be greatly appreciated.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast