Akai LPD8 and Traktor Pro(All-in-one controls) - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Tech Convert

ähm. i guess not. how do i do that?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The 8eam View Post
    ähm. i guess not. how do i do that?
    heres a bit of a cut and paste from the reloop forum - i changed a few bit to make sense. but you should get the general idea.

the original post was

http://www.reloopdj.com/forum/index....pic,948.0.html

Traktor Pro 1.2 or newer

Please note: This tutorial only works for Traktor Pro version 1.2 or newer.

, a midi mapping has to be imported. So, Traktor knows what to do if a button is pressed on your lpd8. The following tutorial will explain all important steps to config your Traktor setup.

1) Downloading a corresponding mapping from the first post has extention .tse

2) Importing a mapping into Traktor (Scratch) Pro

After that, open “Controller-Manager” in the settings window. Within the category “Device Setup”, you'll find the button “Add...” which has to be clicked once. Using this menu, click “Import” (attachment 2).

by adding you merge with the other map, which is what you want to do i think

but if you change maps you have to delete the previous 1. there is a button for delete map

Using the file dialog, choose the newly downloaded mapping file.
    Now the mapping file should be loaded correctly. So, all buttons and knobs should work as expected.

Please note: Sometimes, the "IN-Port" and "OUT-Port" (Controller-Manager) have to redefined. to all inputs

Traktor Pro 1.1, older versions or Traktor 3 Studio

Using Traktor Pro 1.1, older versions or Traktor 3 Studio, you have to follow this instruction:

Downloading a corresponding mapping from the download center
    Please only download compatible mappings.

Open the settings.
    A window is opening, at the bottom, there's a button "Import" which has to be clicked..
    Now you have to choose the newly downloaded mapping file.
    At last, all buttons and knobs of the lpd8 should work for you.
    Last edited by RD444; 06-17-2010 at 04:57 AM.

Tech Convert

oh. i'm sorry. i didn't downloaded the .tse file at the beginning. now everything runs perfectly. Thank you very much

Tech Student

Very good job !! Thank you !! That's perfeckly working !

Tech Student

Hello ,
    I am trying to use my LPD8 with Tractor 3,
    it says the .tks files I got from this thread are not
    compatible, and it seems that Tractor is not reading my LPD8.

any suggestions?

thanks you
    Ram

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsky View Post
    Hello ,
    I am trying to use my LPD8 with Tractor 3,
    it says the .tks files I got from this thread are not
    compatible, and it seems that Tractor is not reading my LPD8.

any suggestions?

thanks you
    Ram

This is a mapping for Traktor Pro. So it will not be compatible with Traktor 3 sorry.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

I got a problem setting up my LPD8..
    Finaly i figured out how to do the mapping in traktor pro, but now im stuck with another thing.. Ive got pad 1-8 set as toggle not momentary, and this is where it all goes tits up... I press it hard enough to make it light up and stay lit, yet for traktor to recognise me hitting it i have to hit it way harder X_x Ive tried to click the 'learn' button and tap the pad as light as i can in attempt to make it less velocity required for the function to effect, but this doesnt make any difference. Effects stay on, yet the pads light go out :S Im sorry if this doesnt make much sense its not rly easy for me to explain this in english as im new to the whole thing too... But I hope some genius understands what Im saying and can help me out!

Thanks in advance,
    Inzo.

Solved! Changed the button option to "Hold" instead of "toggle" - incase anyone else had the same problem!
    Traktor Pro 2 - NI Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - LPD8

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    i am having trouble downloading the preset.zip ..
    or rather when i download i end up with an attachment.php .. but even if i rename it to preset.zip and unzip i just end up with a preset.zip.zip ... was this zipped on windows?
    Not sure if this was answered yet but yes this was Zipped on windows. PM me if you want the files unzipped.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Mentor

Anyone know how I can set up the knobs so they are more friendly for use across multiple programs. Setting the knobs to relative doesn't quite do the trick. I know for the VCI mappings there is a way to set the tempo faders to match the virtual ones using the shift. Is there a way I could go about doing the same for the knobs on the LPD8.