FAQ- Upgraded to 1.3? Read this.

Arrow FAQ- Upgraded to 1.3? Read this.

read this post in the VCI-100SE forum:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705

Each time you re-start the VCI-100 , it will start up in 1.3 mode. To start in 1.2 follow the instructions that are found at the end of this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq9dpq6PlGQ

what do all the buttons do?
    Buy the overlays in the store

Version 1.3 is able to do all this crazy stuff by sending out multiple values on many of the knobs, faders and buttons. If your feeling confident, yes these are all re-assignable but you may want to temporarily use firmware version 1.2 when doing a completely custom mapping.
    Last edited by EanGolden; 03-22-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Tech Wizard

Any chance we can get a list of all the new notes and CCs sent for those of us who would like to program our own TKS?

yes, but it would be much easier to just run your controller through a midi monitor or midi translator to see exactly what each button does as you program.

Default Sorry to be such a n00b, but...

This means that if I buy the 1.3 upgrade from you I can always switch back to 1.2 for compatibility - say with sth other than Traktor?

Ignore this, I just found the answer in another thread...
    Last edited by frak; 10-21-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: bigger n00b than I thought I was ;o)
    The revolution will not be sent as an email attachment

Hi Ean,

I wanted to ask about something you allude to in your email about TSI 1.6:

"The button under mix/frz will work as a fx preset loading in the future but will require some custom firmware upgrades for it to work as desired. right now it has no function"

If you are going to do some firmware upgrades does this mean I'll need my firmware kit again? (I've already upgraded to 1.3) Will this be firmware 1.4 then? Should I hang on to my firmare kit for more future updates?

I'm guessing the answer is obviously "yes", but I wanted to check to be sure!!

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jinja Ninja View Post
    I'm guessing the answer is obviously "yes", but I wanted to check to be sure!!
    Yes!
    The firmware kit is only an adapter.
    When 1.4 will be ready, will be released as a .mot file and you'll flash it on your VCI using the same upgrade kit!!

Quote Originally Posted by fcarsana View Post
    Yes!
    The firmware kit is only an adapter.
    When 1.4 will be ready, will be released as a .mot file and you'll flash it on your VCI using the same upgrade kit!!
    Thanks! Thought as much

Tech Wizard

midi monitor on the mac is not getting me all the exact same values as what works in traktor pro. i've written down as much as i know based on what works and what messages i'm receiving, and yes i've calibrated MIDImonitor so middle c=c4, but it would be super awesome to have the firmware map as a pdf or something.

although i like the idea of a 1.4 firmware that no longer sends multiple messages instead.

Tech Wizard

So why do the FX section knobs send two knob values, and several buttons across the whole VCI send CC values for press, and note values for release (the FX/loop on/off buttons in the FX section and the EQ FX buttons below the EQ knobs)? Also, why is it so inconsistent? Shouldn't every knob always send two knob values, every button always send a press value and a release value; and why does the FX Bank selector button up top send any midi values at all? (It sends B7 when LED 1 lights up, B7 again when LED 2 lights up, and C8 when LED 3 lights up; B7 is the Deck A Scratch button release note [press is A2], and C8 is the Deck B Scratch button release note [it has no press value].)

I think the FX Bank selector button and the Deck A and B Scratch buttons shouldn't send midi notes at all, since they can't really be used for any functions within traktor, or if they still send midi messages, they shouldn't be sending the same ones -- to avoid crossover issues. Also, I think all knobs and sliders (and the jogs) should always send either one or two cc values, and shouldn't switch back and forth depending on what FX Bank is selected...just for maximum flexibility.

Is all that possible, or were some of these things left the way they are due to space restrictions for the firmware? Is there a replaceable firmware memory chip inside the VCI-100 SE that I can upgrade to add more storage or something, so I can get to work on a custom firmware to meet my needs?

Regards,

DJ ATP
    Last edited by DJ ATP; 09-24-2009 at 11:37 AM.