Advice! Part One of DJ Setup: Buying the right laptop (pc or...mac?) - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

thanks for all your helpful and thoughtful responses! i took alot of your advice and decided to go with a 13" 4gig ram mac book pro.

im not a tweaker, although i do consider myself more tech saavy than most of my friends. i don't have extra money to be throwing around but i am serious(ly passionate) about music, and it is important for me to invest in a easy/no-fail machine. so my rationalisation is that i will skimp on other unnecessary expenditures and maintain my lifestyle in a more minimal fashion. no more irresponsible shopping this fiscal year... mnml tech life ftw

but back to the mac, yes many of you were right. after purchasing it at the end of november, i started to see the many merits of macs. my browser does crash (both mozilla and safari) after one week of using it though but maybe im downloading too much stuff and running too many things at the same time.

but anyway recently i ordered some things from the djtechtools store and i stuck the midifighter sticker on the apple logo of my laptop.

doesn't it look much better?
    Last edited by lola; 12-14-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Seriously guys, Vista works really well right now. It has some frustrations compared to XP but you just turn off all the extra bullshit they loaded it down with and you'll be fine. No real difference from optimizing XP at this point.

There are tons of people who run it successfully on this very forum (myself included).
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

but xp runs so much better

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678